1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Madeleine McCann: suspect's home searched

Last Updated: 2:07pm BST 04/08/2007

Police in Portugal investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have
begun another search at the home of the only official suspect in the case.

The new search could last four days.

Up to 10 police officers, including two British detectives, starting searching the
land surrounding the house of Robert Murat at about 7am today, his spokesman
Tuck Price said.

They are clearing undergrowth and cutting down trees on the property in Praia da
Luz, just yards from where the little girl was snatched from her family's holiday
apartment more than three months ago.

The area is said to be thick with vegetation and the officers are using rakes and
hedge trimmers to clear the area.

Mr Murat is not at home, and the search is expected to last up to four days.

The latest search in Portugal comes as police in Belgium investigate a possible
sighting of the four-year-old there.

A customer at a restaurant in the Flemish town of Tongeren, not far from the
Dutch border, said she was "100% sure" she had seen the youngster.

She said the girl was with a couple, a Dutch man and an English-speaking
woman, who were acting strangely and not like "normal parents".

A police spokeswoman said they were treating the report "seriously" and are
looking for DNA on a drinks bottle used by the girl.

They have also issued an identikit drawing of the man based on the description
given by the "trusted witness".

Today's search of Casa Liliana, the villa in which Mr Murat lives with his mother,
Jenny, is not the first time the property has come under scrutiny.

Mr Murat, 33, was thrown into the spotlight 11 days after the four-year-old from
Rothley, Leicestershire, was snatched from her bed in the Algarve village.

Then officers from Portugal's investigative Policia Judiciaria searched the house
extensively, which is just a short walk from the apartment where the McCanns
were staying at the time of the abduction.

Several items were taken away for analysis while Mr Murat's girlfriend Michaela
Walczuch and her estranged Portuguese husband Luis Antonio were also
interviewed as witnesses.

Mr Murat was named as an official suspect, but was never formally arrested.

In July he was re-interviewed by police investigating the youngster's
disappearance.

I hope people dont forget about little Madeleine - she WILL be found :(

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Why are they doing this when a "red hot" sighting was done in Holland?? A dutch speaking man, with an english speaking lady and a girl remarkably like Maddie were seen in a restaurant. The informer went to phone the police and when she returned to her table, the "family" had split.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Things like this happen all the time, It's sad but I don't get why this got so much hype, pretty blond English kid gets more press?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red Devil said:
Why are they doing this when a "red hot" sighting was done in Holland?? A dutch speaking man, with an english speaking lady and a girl remarkably like Maddie were seen in a restaurant. The informer went to phone the police and when she returned to her table, the "family" had split.
I think this is weird........you know if I see young girl and I think this is Madeleine - I will go to the 'parents' and I will say "hey you wait with me and we check the girl out - if you have nothing to hide this is ok......" if they run off there must be a problem - if they say "yes ok we wait" then thats good.......no way would I walk away and leave the little girl !!!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SeanUnited said:
Things like this happen all the time, It's sad but I don't get why this got so much hype, pretty blond English kid gets more press?
Wealthy parents - strange circumstance for her to go missing makes good news for these newspapers !!!

These parents of Madeleine have many questions to answer if you ask me - they leave their little girl to go for food. This is bloody crazy - I take my little cousin Ilona for 2 week holiday 2 months ago - we go from Romania to Moldova and Ukraine and for this time she is never out my sight and no one go near her or I will give them big problems !!!!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Wealthy parents - strange circumstance for her to go missing makes good news for these newspapers !!!

These parents of Madeleine have many questions to answer if you ask me - they leave their little girl to go for food. This is bloody crazy - I take my little cousin Ilona for 2 week holiday 2 months ago - we go from Romania to Moldova and Ukraine and for this time she is never out my sight and no one go near her or I will give them big problems !!!!
i can imagine :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Carly - I agree, I can't believe the aprents would leave the children. I've spoken with a few people on my forum about this and they don't see a problem, but to me it's a big no no.
I hope they find the person/s who took her or perhaps she wandered off, either way it must be traumatic for her parents :(

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Apparently the restaurant was less than 20 yards from their room BUT they STILL left a child unattended - thats sacrilege in my book. And, I do not understand why a man was seen carrying a child in a blanket right past them (near enough) and nobody said anything???

When I lived in Germany in the 80s, my children were all tucked up in bed and the block was having a NY cellar party, my flat was 3 floors up. My wife wanted to go down, but I said that I was NOT leaving the kids on their own - end of.

·
Registered
391 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

Yeah I guess and you're right they should have been more careful.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I have my children I tell you this - they will never be away from me no matter what !!! Maybe 20 metres is not far but now it seems is too far away - the baby is now gone. My baby will never be left like this.......they leave Madeleine and this is wrong so now they must answer questions to the courts why they allow their little girl to go through what she is going through !!!

Maybe they feel sad and shocked but I tell you this is nothing compared to what this little girl is feeling right now !!! This is terrible way to care for babies and they still have 2 more - maybe these 2 are not safe with them !!!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I'm just going to throw my two cents in here...I do not know of any of their progress since it was big news worldwide but I can't see how she would still be alive. It's so unfortunate but in my mind either two things could of happened.. 1) a 'human' took her and we all know what normally happens... or 2)she's been kidnapped and is living with another family or something. Perhaps 2 is wishful thinking...

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Lets not go too deeply into it eh? The way stories can escalate and be twisted in forums is well known. Suffice to say that the parents did wrong, whether in naivity or full knowledge is immaterial.

S

·
0 Posts
Where did it go ??

Well some might have to change their points of view a little bit....
http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=8102

Madeleine McCann's blood has been found on the walls of the holiday flat where she slept, according to fresh reports in Portugal.

Police say attempts were made to clean it off, making it likely that the four-year-old was killed, either by accident or design, in the holiday complex in Praia da Luz.

It follows revelations, 95 days on from her disappearance, that specially-trained British cocker spaniel sniffer dogs had located the smell of a dead body in the Ocean Club apartment - only possible if a cadaver had been left there for at least two hours.

Which does not fit in with the parents story that they checked on the children every 15 - 30 minutes. :eek:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
That is dangerous media speculation. The blood found in the apartment is currently undergoing tests - they do not know whose blood it is yet.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
In fact, reading the report on BBC news they are not even sure that what they have found is blood yet! For the media to be reporting that it is Madeleine's blood is incredibly irresponsible.

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
To be honest, I never liked her parents. If I were going through this, I wouldnt want to do that many interviews.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
reddwarf said:
In fact, reading the report on BBC news they are not even sure that what they have found is blood yet! For the media to be reporting that it is Madeleine's blood is incredibly irresponsible.
agree. What if its not? what they going to say then?

S

·
0 Posts
I think some may have missed the most important sentence. Forget about the blood, who's it was, how long it had been there etc.

specially-trained British cocker spaniel sniffer dogs had located the smell of a dead body in the Ocean Club apartment - only possible if a cadaver had been left there for at least two hours

1 - 20 of 71 Posts