Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maldini set for one more year
Milan great looking to postpone his retirement

Milan captain Paolo Maldini looks set to postpone his retirement by another year.

The 39-year-old defender indicated after Milan won the Club World Cup in December that he intended to hang up his boots at the end of this season

However, the former Italy international has revealed his desire to play a 25th year for the Rossoneri.

"I am moving towards the decision to carry on playing and in the week I will go to the offices for discussions," he said.

New contract

There's nothing official because there doesn't need to be while I am still under contract, but I am in agreement with vice president Adriano Galliani.

"I'm thinking about carrying on as my physical condition has improved and the club have asked me, more or less explicitly, to play for another season."

Milan are two points off a Champions League place with just one Serie A game to go but Maldini, a five-time winner of the competition, insists he wants to play for another season even if Milan miss out on qualification.

"Failing to get fourth place would be a big disappointment, but it's not a problem," he added.

==========================================================

Now, there is no doubting that Maldini is a great of the game, and in his prime was one of the best defenders in World Football.

But he should retire. Imo, hes well past his best, not good enough for the top level anymore and is far too injury prone now.

Also, I think AC Milan, as great as hes been for Milan over the years, should think about ending his stay. Imo, they need to do that to move forward as a team.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This guy is a complete legend.
He is our their version of Giggs except he has won far more important
trophies in his career.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If he is able to play.....than why not.Even today he is one of the best defenders in the world,and he is one of the best football players ever.....he is The Great Paolo Maldini!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts