Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester City expect to sign Brazilian striker Jo from CSKA Moscow within the next seven days.

Executive chairman Garry Cook said City were close to finalising terms with Jo, who is expected to cost around £20m.

"I think we will be taking care of that one pretty quickly. It might be within the next seven days, sooner if possible," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

Cook also confirmed the club had opened talks with Ronaldinho about bringing the Barcelona superstar to Eastlands.

The 28-year-old former World Footballer of the Year is interested in playing for City, according to Cook, but he stressed a deal was "nowhere near completion".

"It's a tenuous stage and I don't want to give too much away, but Barcelona gave us clearance to talk to him," Cook told the Sportsweek programme.

"We had some people in Brazil this weekend, who we've been talking to, but we have a long, long list of things we need to get done because of the type of player he is - the world's greatest player.

"We're nowhere near completion but the most important thing is that he wants to get back and play football.

"He wants to show the world he is the greatest player. At the moment, though, we're just ticking off the boxes.

"I think the Manchester City fans, who are the most important part of this, would like to see Ronaldinho kicking off next season here."

He added: "He has intimated he is interested, otherwise we wouldn't be at the stage we are now. Ronaldinho has an interest in coming to City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7442429.stm
"More importantly the fans would love to see him here. He would fill the stadium."

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Jo?:eek: hahahahahahahaha lol...:D

hm..well...he is a good player, but £20m for CSKA....it is silly...:D

It is a great news for United and for Zenit...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
jo's a good target man, but 20m is disgraceful money, english teams are being ripped off more and more every season

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Drew9 said:
jo's a good target man, but 20m is disgraceful money, english teams are being ripped off more and more every season
yeah...they can buy better player for this money and it is possible not one...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts