Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a thread early in the season when I thought that this might be a 'transitional' season. My thinking at the time was that the Ronny saga and the signing of Berba would have a short term negative impact on the chemistry of team - both on and off the pitch. Well folks, the transition is clearly over. I have even made my peace with Christiano!

Allow me to comment on a few things:

Strike force - While it took Berba a while to feel comfortable, and for the team to gel with him, he is now showing the reasons why we bought him. The worrying early performances of the berba-tev combination seem to be a thing of the past, thanks to Wazza's injury. Yes, there really is a silver lining to everything! Rooney is arguably our most influential attacking player and he will be back imminently, and then there's Danny Wellbeck...fabulous potential.

Midfield - While Nani and Anderson have been a little disappointing at times (sophomore jinx?), Giggsy, Carrick, Park, Fletch and Scholes (at times) have all been absolutely outstanding (yes rfr, Fletch too! :p ). We have just started to get Tosic involved, and Wellbeck's one performance on the wing may warrant a second and third look.

Ronaldo - There is no question that he has been more than a little distracted so far and not firing on all cylinders. Over the last few games he seems to have gotten his enthusiasm back along with some missing pace. The two goals against wba might just kick start his season and if he starts to score regularly again.....holy sh!te!

Back Four - What can be said? With all the injuries/suspensions, their performance has been nothing short of miraculous. Vidic is clearly the best defender in the world (no offense Rio), and his great strengths have allowed SAF to work several youngsters into the mix, with very positive results. Gary Neville has made a full recovery now and is playing near or at the level he was prior to his long injury lay-off. And Wes Brown is back. There is fierce competition for almost every position in the back four - and that is a very good thing. To think we've done all this (10 clean sheets) over the last month without the best LB in the prem - Patrice Evra.

Well, I've gushed enough. I'm just REALLY stoked about this team! :D

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VaVaVoom said:
I'd love to find the early threads when i first joined up here. Alot of people thought Chelsea had a better squad at the start of the season...... can someone please find that thread?
It's funny VVV, I was never worried about our squad or our talent level. What did concern me was the ronny circus, the intro of berba and the possible complacency from last season's successes. Now, I say again, I'm like Alfred E Newman!

ps - That is the second time I have used the Alfred E Newman reference, please tell me at least one of you gets it - or am I just waaaaaay too old? :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts