Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good win, despite some poor decisions from the officials, I think we played quite well and made all the running.. Great display from Rooney, he looked on form.

What did you all think?

·
Registered
33 Posts
fergie has nothing to be blamed he has done what must be done. I don't see the point to fault the officials.I thought gigs must be bench and gave rechardson little time . we face watford next at OT nothing series and he might think to rest gigs playing ron and park as we want player like gigis against spurs.i think saha will have enough time to match fitness for spurs as a first chioce and larsson on bench. We are not using him properly coz he supposed to chang the course of the game at the end .

·
Registered
38 Posts
I disagree. It wasn't a great match but United would have coasted if the Ref and linesman had done their job properly. 2 good goals were disallowed and basically we won the match 4-1. Rooney was more like his old self but Giggs was average and Scholes didn't make much of an impact. Park was brilliant but needs to practise his shooting. Evra was the man of the match and Rooney close behind him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought we could have played better, I think we missed Ronaldo, and when Rooney came on it was an obvious turning point.

My only other comment would be that the goal Rooney scored was the best goal I have seen at Old Trafford for a long time and I know United can win the treble again this year and with the same flair, skill, and gritty determination that they had in 1999.

I hope we put out a strong team on Wednesday as these are the games that we need to win without any question.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I couldn't help but think that we were playing an Arsenal B team - Kanu, Campbell, Lauren.

Still - we rested Ronaldo, Saha and Edwin.

Kusczak did well although there were a few tense moments. The goal conceded took a massive deflection off Kanu and poor Tomasz was just wrong-footed. Two good goals disallowed but Rooney's second was just reminiscent of Cantona. No hesitation at all.....

David James was the Pompey's saviour and the best player for them. Evra keeps making me believe that Heinze is on his way out (unfortunately). He had a very flowing game.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agree on Eva, he is playing so well, and is very very quick. with him bombing forward on the left and Neville on the right is gives us extra attacking options

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.