Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably been done to death, but hey ho.

What's your opinions on calling MUFC Man U?

Personally, I hate it.

Z

·
0 Posts
I couldn't care less.

The day I start worrying about what rival fans
call us is the day I'll stop watching football. :p

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE IT!

I hate it when someone says it and I actually have to say it's Man Utd, or Manchester United, to a friend of mine who kept saying "Man U", (Even typing it feels weird) Its what the other teams use in their anti-Utd songs so why would we call ourselves it? Also, when pundits on T.V. say it, you just notice it and sometimes actually feel like ringing them or sending an e-mail.

Did I mention, that I hate it? :D

Call me sad, but I just don't think its right

·
Registered
809 Posts
its stupid, the clubs name is not man u

although at first it seemed rather triivial to me, i now understand it
and some people call themselves fans of the club when they walk round calling themselves man u fans...tbh i think who do you really support then

·
Registered
248 Posts
-zuco- said:
I couldn't care less.

The day I start worrying about what rival fans
call us is the day I'll stop watching football. :p
100% Agree, I don't use it because of that though. But I really hate it when people go on about it it just gets old.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I hate it aswel.

Especially the fact that on TV (BBC, Sky Sports etc) it always says 'Man U'. Just making the situation worse.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Hate it.

Simple as.

It really annoys me when pundits say it. They should get to know somehow.

The thing that really annoys me is when "United fans" say it. Thats the most annoying bit of the whole lot.

Sir Alex hates it too. When Teddy said it in the press conference, he told him off and he apologised. Now, I notice, he says Man United.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Manchester United, Man United, United, MUFC all far better than 'Man U'. It just seems wierd. Something people who don't know much about football would refer to us as

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Did anyone hear "The Great Dane", Peter Schmeichel, say "Man U" on BBC during
a game in the FA Cup earlier this year?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Personally I couldn't care less.

When the occasion arises where I worry about what other fans say will be a sad day indeed.

If they derive some kind of enjoyment calling United 'Man U' who cares, lmao.

Simple things please simple minds.

Reacting to it gives them exactly what they want - then they will continue to do it.

Laugh at them and feel pity for these idiots and soon they would stop !!

Easy isn't it ... ;)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's when our own fans call us it I dislike. Opposition I couldn't give a crap about.

Man U' sounds American, sounds lazy, sounds crap; opposition used it to make anti-United, Munich-taunting songs, I hate it.

It's United. Just, United :D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Stephen said:
It's when our own fans call us it I dislike. Opposition I couldn't give a crap about.

Man U' sounds American, sounds lazy, sounds crap; opposition used it to make anti-United, Munich-taunting songs, I hate it.

It's United. Just, United :D
How does it sound american?:confused:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts