Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
Joined
·
43,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion what is Man United's best formation and who would be in your starting 11 and why, this is mine

VDS

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Scholes Carrick
Ronaldo Giggs/Nani

Berbatov Rooney



Rafael is more attacking and i wanted blazing full backs, in some games i would put Nev in for experience

Giggs/Nani - depends on Nani's form and Giggs's fitness i would play 442 with attacking wingers and having the 2 mids in a sor of central role with one more holding than the other. Rooney and Berba - need I say more.

What about you?
 

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
Joined
·
11,978 Posts
Hmm not so sure about starting Rafael

Mine would go like this:

VDS

Neville / Brown Rio Vida Evra

Ronaldo Scholes / Fletch Carrick Park

Rooney Berba
 

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
hdcantona said:
In your opinion what is Man United's best formation and who would be in your starting 11 and why, this is mine

VDS

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Scholes Carrick
Ronaldo Giggs/Nani

Berbatov Rooney



Rafael is more attacking and i wanted blazing full backs, in some games i would put Nev in for experience

Giggs/Nani - depends on Nani's form and Giggs's fitness i would play 442 with attacking wingers and having the 2 mids in a sor of central role with one more holding than the other. Rooney and Berba - need I say more.

What about you?
I agree with yours completely couln't have put it better myself.

An interesting alternative could be

--------------Berbatov-----Rooney

Ronaldo----Scholes-------Carrick------Tevez

Evra---------Vidic---------Ferdinand---Rafael

--------------------Van Der Sar

That would include the 4 big hitters and not include the weakness of having Nani or Giggs on the wing. But I think I would still prefer yours.
 

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
Joined
·
43,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richie said:
I agree with yours completely couln't have put it better myself.

An interesting alternative could be

--------------Berbatov-----Rooney

Ronaldo----Scholes-------Carrick------Tevez

Evra---------Vidic---------Ferdinand---Rafael

--------------------Van Der Sar

That would include the 4 big hitters and not include the weakness of having Nani or Giggs on the wing. But I think I would still prefer yours.

Ah didn't think of that which is odd because i do it a lot on fifa 09 but that is definitley an option but how good is Tevez's crossing, cheers for your post though.
 

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
hdcantona said:
Ah didn't think of that which is odd because i do it a lot on fifa 09 but that is definitley an option but how good is Tevez's crossing, cheers for your post though.
Well to be fair our system doesn't really require wingers to cross the ball often anyway, and I've seen him do alot of good on the right for West Ham and Argentina.
It would just be great to have all the big guns on the pitch at the same time
 

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
Joined
·
43,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ady87 said:
Let the full backs put balls in, they can come inside too which helps. Love the versatility.
ok, so what would your best formation and 11 be ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
--------------Berbatov-----Rooney

Park----Scholes/Giggs-------Carrick------Ronaldo

Evra---------Vidic---------Ferdinand---Rafael

--------------------Van Der Sar



No place for Fletcher even on the bench, gives the ball away too much....
 

·
The Mexican Boy George
Joined
·
7,601 Posts
--------------Berbatov-----Rooney

Park----Scholes-------Carrick------Ronaldo

Evra---------Vidic---------Ferdinand---Hargreaves

--------------------Van Der Sar



That formation would do it for me, putting hargreaves as right back would gives us the pace that both brown and neville lack, and the experience that rafael lacks.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
------------------VDS
Brown-----Rio---Vidic------Evra
Hargreaves---Carrick---Scholes-------Ronaldo
----------------Rooney
-----------------Berbatov

Hargreaves on the right, is Park+ technical ability.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,009 Posts
Depending on the game you could then choose the best formation. Say if we were playing WB at home you could go alot more attack minded. Whereas Chelsea away you would ened to use players like Park and Fletch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
VDS

Brown Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Ronaldo Hargreaves Carrick Park

Berbatov Rooney

If we play Nani or another attacked on the wing instead of park, it means evra has to defend more. Put Park in and Evra has a free license to get forward.
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
..............Berbatov
Rooney

Park......................Ronaldo

Giggs
.....................Carrick

Evra...............Brown

....Vidic Ferdinand

Van Der Sar​
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Well, atm mines has to be;

............................VDS...........................

.......Brown...Ferdinand...Vidic...Evra.......

....Ronaldo....Carrick...Fletcher...Park.....

.................Rooney.....Berbatov............



The only choice people might find controversial imo is Fletcher in midfield. However, I chose Carrick and Fletcher because I like their partnership (I've said it a lot in the midfield partnership thread) and I think it's working really well atm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
This season, it's more on Giggs in midfield position, he have don't really well this season..Mine will be...

-------------------------------------vds----------------------------------

neville---------------rio-------------------------vida--------------evra

cr7------------------carrick----------------------giggs------------park

-------------------------berbs----------------rooney-------------------

park and giggs can rotate...That's something special in this midfield position...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
-----------------------VDS(GK)------------------------

--Brown(RS)--- Rio(CB)--- Vida(CB)---- Evra(LS)

--------------Carrick(DM)----------------------------------

JiSung(RM)-----------Giggs(CM)-----Ronaldo(LM/LW)

-------------Rooney(AM/SS)---------------------------------

------------------------Berbatov(CF)-----------------------
 
1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Top