Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm a late Man United supporter and failrly new to this forum....so please forgive my lack of knowledge! ...I can't help it, I'm a kiwi...we play rugby & cricket...apparently we play football too, but not very well haha lol

With the metoric rise of Brazils Anderson at Man U, I was hoping all you knowledgable Man U fans might be able to tell me who the last Brazilian player was to star in the Red Devils first team.

I know we have had a few south American players over the years like Heinze and Veron but I can't remember any Brazilians specifically.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Kleberson - and he was a flamin donkey. We have 2 brazilian twins in the youth team and they're promising though.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
you_little_red_devil_NZ said:
Hi everyone!

I'm a late Man United supporter and failrly new to this forum....so please forgive my lack of knowledge! ...I can't help it, I'm a kiwi...we play rugby & cricket...apparently we play football too, but not very well haha lol

With the metoric rise of Brazils Anderson at Man U, I was hoping all you knowledgable Man U fans might be able to tell me who the last Brazilian player was to star in the Red Devils first team.

I know we have had a few south American players over the years like Heinze and Veron but I can't remember any Brazilians specifically.
OK OK got to say it, when did you pass on my friend?? hahah! :D

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Harvo said:
Kleberson - and he was *****. We have 2 brazilian twins in the youth team and they're promising though.
I dont think kleberson is xxxx but he wasnt for the premiership was he

Z

·
0 Posts
I can only rememer Kleberson really but I wouldn't exactly say
he starred for us lol! We now have four Brazilians I think.

Anderson, Possebom and the Silva twins.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
fergie is still addament that kleberson was a great footballer ... and maybe the move from brazil straight to england was too much, i remember stories about him never leaving his hotel he was staying at other than for games and training and he never bought a property in manchester he also had a young family ... the lad never settled thats for sure

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
To be fair to Kleberson, he did play in a World Cup final, get a winners medal
and set up one of the goals so he cant be all that bad.
Ok, he wasnt the May West at United but he still won a World Cup so......

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
kleberson and he was tosh. its was during the spell when fergie probably had his worse run of signings. Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, Miller, Howard, Heinze (for simply wanting to join the scumsters).

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Kleberson was good,but he got unsettled quickly and his Carrer at United burst into flames.Shame really.But our future looks extremely bright with Anderson playing like he's been with United for ages.Cant wait till he scores

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Kleberson is a great footballer. I remember watching the 2002 final where he played a wonderful game and he was inches from scoring a beauty. He had it maybe 25 - 30 yards out and let fly, beat Kahn and smashed against the crossbar. I didn't know much about his United spell so hearing that he didn't leaves his hotel or buy property explains a lot about why he never settled.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Kleberson was an awsome player. He just could not adpat to the English game like Veron and Forlan. I look forward to seeing the silva twins and possebon. They look really good signings to me and Anderson is already a world class talent in the making of a great.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
For the record Ronaldinho was supposed to be the first Brazilian ever to play for Man Utd, but at the 11th hour chose Barcelna.
Instead we got Kleberson...... OUCH!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts