Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm a late Man United supporter and failrly new to this forum....so please forgive my lack of knowledge! ...I can't help it, I'm a kiwi...we play rugby & cricket...apparently we play football too, but not very well haha lol

With the metoric rise of Brazils Anderson at Man U, I was hoping all you knowledgable Man U fans might be able to tell me who the last Brazilian player was to star in the Red Devils first team.

I know we have had a few south American players over the years like Heinze and Veron but I can't remember any Brazilians specifically.

· Registered
5,601 Posts
you_little_red_devil_NZ said:
Hi everyone!

I'm a late Man United supporter and failrly new to this forum....so please forgive my lack of knowledge! ...I can't help it, I'm a kiwi...we play rugby & cricket...apparently we play football too, but not very well haha lol

With the metoric rise of Brazils Anderson at Man U, I was hoping all you knowledgable Man U fans might be able to tell me who the last Brazilian player was to star in the Red Devils first team.

I know we have had a few south American players over the years like Heinze and Veron but I can't remember any Brazilians specifically.
OK OK got to say it, when did you pass on my friend?? hahah! :D

G

·
I can only rememer Kleberson really but I wouldn't exactly say
he starred for us lol! We now have four Brazilians I think.

Anderson, Possebom and the Silva twins.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
fergie is still addament that kleberson was a great footballer ... and maybe the move from brazil straight to england was too much, i remember stories about him never leaving his hotel he was staying at other than for games and training and he never bought a property in manchester he also had a young family ... the lad never settled thats for sure

· Registered
25,282 Posts
To be fair to Kleberson, he did play in a World Cup final, get a winners medal
and set up one of the goals so he cant be all that bad.
Ok, he wasnt the May West at United but he still won a World Cup so......

· Registered
9,601 Posts
Kleberson is a great footballer. I remember watching the 2002 final where he played a wonderful game and he was inches from scoring a beauty. He had it maybe 25 - 30 yards out and let fly, beat Kahn and smashed against the crossbar. I didn't know much about his United spell so hearing that he didn't leaves his hotel or buy property explains a lot about why he never settled.

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Kleberson was an awsome player. He just could not adpat to the English game like Veron and Forlan. I look forward to seeing the silva twins and possebon. They look really good signings to me and Anderson is already a world class talent in the making of a great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.