Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United will oppose Avram Grant being granted dispensation to manage Chelsea without a Uefa pro licence, BBC Sport understands.

Grant does not have the required licence and has a 12-week period of grace to acquire the qualification.

If he does not Chelsea will have to appeal to the Premier League for special dispensation or replace Grant.

United would oppose any dispensation request, as they did with Glenn Roeder and Gareth Southgate.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Manchester United are likely to oppose any bid by Chelsea for the Premier League to provide Avram Grant special dispensation to manage the club without a UEFA Pro Licence.

Chelsea are currently investigating to see whether Grant's Israeli qualifications are viewed as the equivalent of the Pro Licence, or whether he would be allowed to coach if he began the courses to achieve the full level.

They have a 12-week period of grace before the league have to rule.

United voted against both Glenn Roeder and Gareth Southgate being given dispensation by the league - they were the only one of the 20 clubs to do so - and it is understood they are likely to do so again if the Grant situation goes to a vote too.

UEFA sources say Grant's Israeli qualifications are only equivalent to their A licence - the Israeli FA has only this year been endorsed to provide the full Pro Licence.

However as Grant, 52, is a former manager of the Israel national team it is possible his country's FA may decide to award him the Pro Licence anyway.

The Pro Licence is a level above the A licence. It takes 12 months to complete and consists of a minimum of 240 hours - of which 90 hours are practical - and usually includes a residential course.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i don't reckon he should be allowed to manage chelsea without a license or any management cards. it don't make any difference to us but all managers should all be treated the same

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
At the end of the day he shouldnt be allowed to manage but its going to affect them him not having the qualifications.
I cant see him lasting till December, they will get someone world class Capello for example.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It's funny that he is complaining so much about a card in the Utd game, when he doesn't have one himself to be able to show ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
If not sure about MU's interest in this matter. I think we should concentrate more on our club than others. like how to reduce ticket pricing while increasing profit.. hahaha.. furthermore avram looks shite.. i prefer him managing chelski rather than van basten / lippi... hahaha

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
keane7 said:
If not sure about MU's interest in this matter. I think we should concentrate more on our club than others. like how to reduce ticket pricing while increasing profit.. hahaha.. furthermore avram looks shite.. i prefer him managing chelski rather than van basten / lippi... hahaha

As a member of G14 our interests in football go far beyond our own clubs affairs.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Uefa has no plans to ban new Chelsea manager Avram Grant from coaching in the Champions League despite uncertainty over his qualifications.
Grant has yet to obtain the Uefa Pro Licence which is normally required to coach in European competition.

But a Uefa spokesman said: "We are awaiting the outcome of discussions between Chelsea, the Israeli Football Association and the Premier League.

"But we have no intention of banning or taking any other disciplinary measure."

Uefa would only be forced to consider Grant's case if the Premier League formally complained to the game's European governing body about his lack of qualifications.

Former Israel coach Grant was named as Chelsea's manager following Jose Mourinho's shock departure last week

BBC SPORT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts