Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
yea i kno at u mean!! pique is definately class and we should do everything to hold onto him! altho i am not so sure about simpson!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
we have problems keeping pique, and evans is in line behind pique..
i would be surprised if he is to stay at old trafford next season

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think he sells them because he cannot keep quality players waiting until they are 23-25 years of age before they get a place in the first team!!! Players like pique and evans, also rossi are all quality players however they are not better than the players in the 1st team that are doing the job! The players are usually the ones that want to leave, id say ferguson would love to let them stay as back up and have them out on loan like he has been doing with evans!! Ferguson will not keep anyone against their will!!!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Evans awaits decision on future

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1778_3566705,00.html

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans insists he will 'keep his head down' at Old Trafford and allow others to decide where his future lies.

The Northern Ireland star has enjoyed two successful loan spells with Sunderland and Roy Keane is reportedly keen to keep him at the Stadium of Light next season.

But Evans insists that, as he is under contract with United, it will be up to Sir Alex Ferguson to determine his next move.

"I'm not in control at all of what happens now," he told the Sunderland Echo.

"I will just go back to Man United and keep my head down.

"I've got used to that last season. I wasn't involved much in the first half of the season there and I just tried to do the best I could.

"You are not really in control of anything that goes on when you are under contract.

"If any club wants to bid for me, it is up to them and Man United to decide what happens.

"I don't know what is going to happen and I won't be knocking on Sir Alex Ferguson's door asking questions because he is in charge and I'm sure he'll let me know what's happening."

- If there's one thing, I wish we had a better track record in, it would be our ability to bring quality young players through the ranks. I thought Ryan Shawcross had a very good chance and actually played better than Pique in a few matches I saw.

I hope Evans makes the breakthrough. With Ferdinand and Vidic though, it might be difficult for him to get the umber of games needed to improve. Look at Arsenal where Wenger has no problem (and maybe no choice) to play young players.

Maybe Pique didn't make the best of his chances when he was played in the early part of the season, but Fergie also didn't show much faith in him by giving him more chances in the easier matches. Hopefully Evans and Pique will get more chances in future.

With our finances being in a precarious situation it is really important that we start producing quality players through the academy.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I like Evans, he's a top defender as he has proved for his country and Sunderland.
I echo some of your sentiments RFR about the lack of youth coming through
recently. Shawcross seemed a good player and now we have Pique and Evans.
They are young and very able but when will they get a chance?
They wont unless an injury or 2 happens. So they shall spend years playing
reserves or being a sub. Thats not a life for a young footballer.

i was upset when Rossi left but I understood why he left.
We cant be greedy and want all these young players waiting in the wings.
let them go and have a decent career elsewhere if thats the case.
Either way, Fergie will make the final call. Id be delighted if he stayed
but Id undertand completely if he went.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I hope they stay.

Thats one complaint I have. In recent years we haven't given youngsters much of a chance to prove themselves, and it means we have lost some talented players.

Rossi for example. We could really have done with another striker this year, but he didn't get a chance so he left. And of course Shawcross, who to me is a fantastic talent, but we'll get to see him in the Premiership next year.

I can maybe understand why Pique, Evans and Shawcross didn't get a chance, because we do have the best central-defensive partnership in World football imo, but even when Vidic or Ferdinand got injured, Pique seemed to be the last player to get a chance.

I hope neither leave, but I think Pique will tbh. He needs first-team football imo.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Johnny deserved all the respect... I certainly hopes that SAF will keep him but continue to let him be on loan to Sunderland. Let Roy mould him into a better player... We know very well that he will hardly feature for United next season, so for him to gain all the experience, Sunderland will be great. Many teams will play attacking footbal against a team like them.

This will keep Johnny expose and learn the trade of a defender well although the hard way. Decision is all up to SAF, but in times like this, a need for quality young players is a must for the current finances trouble we got. We need to have our own strong United breed...

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I know nothing was proved and I fell sorta bad about saying this but ever since that x-mas party furore, I just can't seem to bring myself to like Evans.

I'm not saying that I definitely believe all the rumors... it's just hard for me to view him in a positive light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope he stays, hes shown at Sunderland these season that he is a class act, but I belive that either Pique or Evans will go, and Id prefer Evans to stay because he is British and IMO has better recovery pace.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
versa said:
Skysports
By Chris Burton Last updated: 16th May 2008

Red Devils full-back keen to stay

Patrice Evra insists that he is happy at Manchester United and hopes to be offered a new deal in the near future.

The French international has only one-year left to run on his current contract at Old Trafford, but remains confident that the situation will be resolved shortly.
Evans not Evra.....

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Evans not Evra.....
Oops.... Now where is the Evra thread? :p

Found it. I am going to remove the post and post it there. So don't say I didn't warn you not to look silly here.:D

P.S. On second thought, I can't remove this until you remove yours.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Johnny Evans

Having had him on loan at SAFC twice I really think he is one of the brightest up and coming youngsters I've seen for a long time. Everything he's done for us oozes experience and is certainly on every SAFC fans wish list.

Do any of you think SAF will allow him to leave? I understand that the skunks are after him too, losing him to another club would be bad enough but losing him to them would be heartbreaking.

Your thoughts please ladies and gents

21 - 40 of 54 Posts