Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
With Pique leaving, I do not think Evans will be allowed to go out on loan or be sold next season.

After the Bolton game last season, I read that Carlos Queiroz accused Pique of not aking the most of hi chances. I think that lack of desire paved th way for his exit, but I don't think he was given enough chances to make ammends.

Pique has a good footballing brain and just needed more games, which he wasn't given, so it's not fair to him.

It's hard to digest that Fletcher and O'Shea were given so many chances in their younger days and a lot of times did ok, but not briliantly and yet other youngsters are subjected to much higher standards.

I guess Fergie really does have his favouites.

Nontheless, I think it says quite a bit about the potential of Johnny Evans, that Pique was allowed to leave and I think he will stay at Man Utd next season and we'll get to see him finally play in the first team.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
suggest giving him a few games at right back next season , against the lower opposition along danny simpson or they will just follow pique out the door and that would be a shame , we need to keep some home grown players in the team

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I felt it was wrong to sell Pique, and it will definitely be wrong to sell Evans.

We need him to cover for Rio and Vidic, and I hope he gets more chances than Pique, or he too, will be gone.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
manutd004 said:
I felt it was wrong to sell Pique, and it will definitely be wrong to sell Evans.

We need him to cover for Rio and Vidic, and I hope he gets more chances than Pique, or he too, will be gone.
i hope he doesnt get many chances because we're going to need Rio and Vidic on the pitch for 90% of the games if we're going to be successful again next season. :)

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Keane concedes Evans defeat

Roy Keane is set to shelve his plans to bring Jonny Evans back to Sunderland.

The Black Cats boss had made the Manchester United defender one of his top summer targets, but has been forced to accept defeat in his pursuit of the 20-year-old.

The Northern Ireland international had impressed Keane during a spell spent on loan at the Stadium of Light last season.

However, even a proposed £10million approach has not been enough to tempt Sir Alex Ferguson into parting with the youngster on a permanent basis.

Evans has stepped into the first team fold at Old Trafford following the sale of Gerard Pique to Barcelona and, as such, Ferguson is reluctant to see another defender leave the club.

"My mindset was always that Jonny was going to go back to United," said Keane.

"When United sold Pique we were pretty sure they would hold on to Jonny."

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I remember Fergie saying that Evans would take Pique's place in the first team squad this season so I expect him to play in the Carling Cup and the occasional Champs League and Premier League game.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i think we should at least let him on loan there, let him have more experience in the first team on the highest league... thats sad news man... i want him on loan to get experience

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Zense_United said:
i think we should at least let him on loan there, let him have more experience in the first team on the highest league... thats sad news man... i want him on loan to get experience
No. He has been on loan long enough. He has a fair amount of experience. He spent an entire season in the Championship and he spent the last several months gaining PL experience with Sunderland. It is his time to prove himself.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
If we get knocked out early in the Carling Cup, and we are somewhat healthy come the winter transfer period, a short loan might happen to finish the year, since he probably won't get as much time on the pitch towards the end of the season if the race to the title is close.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Cappy said:
If we get knocked out early in the Carling Cup, and we are somewhat healthy come the winter transfer period, a short loan might happen to finish the year, since he probably won't get as much time on the pitch towards the end of the season if the race to the title is close.
Yeah, I agree.

Silvestre missed most of the season last year, as did Gary Neville and we didn't have Fabio and Rafael so we were short of cover. There was no way we could have let Pique go out on loan. In the end, the frustration of not playing regularly caused us to lose him imo.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Great news for us.

We need to keep him for cover, and hopefully he gets the chance when hes needed to show what he can do.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is an excellent option of resting the key defenders for a game once in a while and gives him more of a purpose to fight for a place in United's line up rather than going on loan not sure if he will be provided with the oppurtunity.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts