Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there Anyone left on this forum that actually wants to discuss Man Utd??? :confused:
Or even football in general??? Coz lately it doesn't seem to the choice topic of conversation. :mad: :mad: :mad:

How do people think we'll get on in our first match??
Having seen some pre season action and considering we're up against a pretty solid side what are your predictions?? IMO we should wrap up all 3 points....not easily, but fairly comfortably.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anderson's God said:
I want to discuss football and mainly Man Utd - yes! That is my reason for my being here!
Not much there in response about my actual (man utd related) question......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
But I guess it's another post for you....:D :D

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
SlipDigby1892 said:
Is there Anyone left on this forum that actually wants to discuss Man Utd??? :confused:
Or even football in general??? Coz lately it doesn't seem to the choice topic of conversation.

How do people think we'll get on in our first match??
Having seen some pre season action and considering we're up against a pretty solid side what are your predictions?? IMO we should wrap up all 3 points....not easily, but fairly comfortably.
I posted 3 subjects on United today :cool:

Anyway.....there is only so much football stuff you can mention between seasons - so we have to amuse ourselves with other things too you know.

After all..........

The 'Tevez' and 'Heinze' threads have been worn right out if you ask me :confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
You gotta wait 'till the start of the season to discuss anything new. We've made all our signings, we know tevez is coming eventually and apart from that and the freindlies nothing else is coming out of OT.

We can only talk about whats been and Lets not take it for granted 'cos while we can discuss decades and decades of history and greatness, the chumpettes in blue down there can only discuss their favourite players of their 3 year history.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Losing Sidwell is a major blow for Reading. I'm sure their fans are optimistic after last season but they must guard against complacency - as West Ham and Wigan both found, your 2nd season in the Premiership (if you survive!) is often harder than the first.

I was at OT for the game against Reading last season and although we looked to have the 3 points wrapped up a late goal by Lita made the last couple of minutes a bit nervy and you could feel the tension in the crowd.

Lita impressed in the U21 tournament (apart from the penalty miss and a couple of other glaring misses!) so we need to watch him but we should be too strong for them at OT.

Hopefully, we'll get a comfortable 2-0 win in our opening game.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
reddwarf said:
Losing Sidwell is a major blow for Reading. I'm sure their fans are optimistic after last season but they must guard against complacency - as West Ham and Wigan both found, your 2nd season in the Premiership (if you survive!) is often harder than the first.

I was at OT for the game against Reading last season and although we looked to have the 3 points wrapped up a late goal by Lita made the last couple of minutes a bit nervy and you could feel the tension in the crowd.

Lita impressed in the U21 tournament (apart from the penalty miss and a couple of other glaring misses!) so we need to watch him but we should be too strong for them at OT.

Hopefully, we'll get a comfortable 2-0 win in our opening game.
I actually live in Reading (DONT CALL ME A GLORY HUNTER, Ive supported United since I was 2-3 and I only liked them because they were red =]) And semi support them. Lita is very very dangerous, I'd rate him over Darren Bent and Defoe any day. Hes very fast and good at finishing, quite deadly. However Reading are a very well organized side. Two good fullbacks in Shorey and De La Cruz. Never underestimate them, theres a reason they only just missed out on a UEFA spot. They like to beat top teams.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Summertime and the close season is always quiet football wise, lets face it, all there is to discuss is potential moves, speculation and, eventually, friendlies. Every forum that I have ever known goes through this quiet period.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What does eveyone think the line up/formation is gonna be against inter? and do we think it will be an early pre cursor to saf's preffered european side.

Is hargreaves gonna be fit? will anderson start?

rooney nani

giggs carrick anderson ronaldo

evra vidic ferdinand brown

van der sar

???

·
Registered
406 Posts
Considering we're missing Scholes, Hargreaves and Saha , it wont give us the clearest of idea on whats on Sir Alex mind. I expect our strongest line up available to play 70 odd minutes together. Van der sar, Brown, Rio, Vida, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Ronaldo, Giggs and Rooney. a 4-2-3-1 if you like to call it that with Fletcher and Carrick playing from deep. I hope Rossi is given a run out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts