Manchester United Talk banner

Man Utd, Chelsea watch as Daniel Alves admits likely Sevilla exit

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  red_devils4life 
Man, this guy is phenomenal, but at what price?
I've been saying for months (not on this forum though) that our top priorities in the summer is a right back and a striker, but when I hear the names being thrown about, I'm starting to worry, because we have to remember how much debt the Glazers have saddled the club with.

Fergie spent 50mil, by all accounts and reports to bring in Anderson, Nani and Hargreaves and it will cost 20 mil to make the Tevez deal permanent. (not including wages, I've seen the 35 mil figure, but think it ridiculous to report transfers like that).

I think he spent so much last summer, thinking he wouldn't have to do so this summer. That's why I think Alves, Berbatov and Benzema (even, if he wanted to join us) are out of contention.

The price for all three above have been above the 30mil mark, so I think Huntelaar at the touted prices of 16-20 mil and Lahm 6-8 mil are very doable. Especially, if Fergie really wants to make the Tevez deal permanent this summer already. Personally, I love the tenacity of Tevez. It's like having two Rooneys, but I just don't think he's worth that much.

So in my dream team, I would of course have Alves and Benzema and if that ever happens ....well...... if that ever happens, I'm going to be a very, very happy man, but it's unlikely to happen.

What a dream though
Rooney Benzema
Nani Anderson Hargreaves Ronaldo
Evra Ferdinand Vidic Alves
Foster
Subs : VDS, Pique, Simpson, Carrick, Scholes, Manucho, Tevez (7 allowed from next season)​

Transfer out:
Brown
Silvestre
Fletcher
Saha

Andreas_svan said:
Sevilla should just sell Fabiano and Alves and start over :)
Good one. That would be a good buy for us I reckon. I've been reading that Luis Fabiano's value might sink to around 7 or 8 mile due to ownership wrangles like with Tevez.

Last summer the fee for Alves was touted between 20 to 30 mil pounds. If we could get both for a combined fee of under 30mil, I think that would represent decent value for two great players.

I'd prefer Huntelaar, but Fabiano would do too. The risk would be that he might find it hard to adapt like he did when he was in France, but his confidence should be skyhigh right now and that shoud help.

It also would bring the portugese speakers in the squad to 5, not counting the twins. I don't want the squad to become what it's like at Liverpool where half the squad and staff re spanish speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.