Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
True spoon. But then we also had Scholes, Giggs, Beckham contibuting from midfield with a good goal tally. Hence having a striker hitting 15 didn't really affect us.

Beckham was obviously sold. So we lost his free kicks (Ronaldo couldn't lace hit boots on those) and his pin point assists (nor those).

Scholesy wasn't himself last year even before his injury. Giggsy has always had his injury probs.

· Registered
15 Posts
That was my point, deroiste! We've never required a 25+ goals a season striker before and whilst Ruud has been excellent for us, that's cos we've played to suit him... if we were to get someone like Torres, we'd be going back to that old style of play where anyone from the wingbacks onwards is gonna score for us. And I for one like the sound of that!

· Registered
80 Posts
It'd be a whole lot more entertaining, that's for sure. At least it means that we'll be back to using Scholes's predatory instinct.

Hopefully that would also result in Ronaldo finally chipping in with the amount he should be a season, around 15 or so.

G

·
We need two big signings to compete against Chelsea and the best in Europe. Torres to replace RVN and a class midfielder like Riquelme or Diarra. Any messing around with the likes of Carrick or Defoe isnt good enough, end of. We cant be happy with second any more, its time for a change.

G

·
people say we've got scholes,giggs and rossi as strikers but their not replacements for RVN, i believe we should hav 4 strikers 2 target men and 2 supporting wayne rooney type strikers which i think is a good balance its not good havin 5 support strikers and 1 targetman it doesn't add up. we should replace the same type as the 1 we've lost which in my opinion we'll keep the balance right!!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.