Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United are closing in on Racing Santander defender Ezequiel Garay.

Racing coach Marcelino believes Garay is destined for great things and admits he won't stand in the Argentine's way should he attract a big club offer in the summer.

The Daily Star says United have jumped ahead of Barcelona as favourites to sign £10m-rated Garay. Lyon and Juventus have also shown interest in the in-form central defender.

Central Defender? Don't we need a RB? Replacement of Gary Neville? I thought Pique and when fit Silvestre can cover for center and Wesley can play there too as well as O'Shea..:confused:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
From what I've heard of him, he can play as a centre-back, right-back & defensive midfielder......but trust me, Philipp Lahm's mile better than him. I would take him over Garay anyday ;)

·
Banned
47 Posts
Garay is a central defender, I think Man Utd have enough in that position. Rio and Vidic are first choice, with Brown, O'shea and others as back up we are ok there. Maybe Man Utd need a right back, though why not give Simpson a chance. Man Utd do not really need to sign anyone, why not give Simpson, Manucho, Frazier Campbell a chance. Every great player started as a youngster on the fringe of the first team.

·
Banned
198 Posts
i hear he's pretty good actually. His position adaptability makes him a prime suspect. We could do with high quality cover for Rio/vidic, that Brown may be leaving this summer makes it a necessity. Is Fergie likely to rely on Pique in high profile/pressure games? A class defender but i hear he's a bit slow our Pique, maybe that is why Fergie wants this Garay? 20yrs old, good defender - roughly the same level as pique, but his attacking, crosses and set pieces are pretty impressive. make him a more realistic proposition for first team games.

Pique in turn will have had a fantastic pupilage that he can take him to Racing Santander/Athletico Madrid. He can go on to put into real practice his learned stuff while Garay can learn how to increase his quality while giving sufficient cover for whomever. :)

So if it's good for Manchester United, Good for Gerard Pique, Good for Racing Santder, Good for Garay - why not do the good deal?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Apparently he agreed a deal with Liverpool but hopefully not, anyway do we need him i think the answer is yes with wes leaving us and nev's not always going to able to play he could cover for us round the back especially the rb position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts