Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
If both SAF, and Gary testified on his behalf, then surely he stood a serious chance of breaking into the first team? I understand antdevil78's comment, but there must have been a chance of him making a decent career out of football. Even if not at United.

Having devoted a fair portion of his youth to achieving that goal, I think it fair that he be compensated now that the sacrifices he's made have suddenly been in vain, since he now has to find an alternative means of securing an income for himself.

Not to mention the fact that he's obviously not entertained any thought of tertiary education?!?

·
Registered
2 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:

Yea, just like Luke Chadwick, Chris Eagles and many others who played a small part in the United team and then thrown out like yesterday's pork grinds.
Those players might have played a small part in the United first team, but have shown that it is well worth holding onto the Youth team. There is always the possibility of producing another Beckham/Scholes/Neville...

The point that I was trying to make earlier, is simply that he stood a chance of making it as a top-flight footballer. Not necessarily with Manchester United. Any chance of that has now been taken away from him with one irresponsible challenge.:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts