Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe there's already a topic for supporters' number rank, in that case link it and close this one.

But I cannot find on google any rank about the most supported teams of EPL.
I'm interested not only about Man UTD ones, but possibly of all english teams.

I'm talking about supporters that can go to the stadium for weekly match, that buy games on broadcasting, and so on..... So I'd consider only those ones from Uk and Ireland.

How many are you, then ??

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Are you inspired about the article we could read a couple of days ago about how many domestic fans the Italian teams got and Juventus were the most popular?:)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spellbound said:
Are you inspired about the article we could read a couple of days ago about how many domestic fans the Italian teams got and Juventus were the most popular?:)

NOt,
I don't know that article at all.

Was it in this forum ??... I usually follow Football banter, I have not noticed it.
My interest has source from the building of new Juventus stadium.
We're talking about numbers and proportion..... It's interesting to know how things are in the "english model"

ANyway....if that article is the same sorted out in Italy (always a couple of days ago)..... it's not right AT ALL !!
According to it:
Juve was worthy of 10 (wrong !....12 is right)
Inter more than AC Milan (absolutely wrong)
Torino 1.150.000 (simply ridicoulous !)
Chievo 4.800 (consider they have 8.000 yearly tickets !!)

...and so on...
if the article is that one, forget about it

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
ejuventus said:
NOt,
I don't know that article at all.

Was it in this forum ??... I usually follow Football banter, I have not noticed it.
My interest has source from the building of new Juventus stadium.
We're talking about numbers and proportion..... It's interesting to know how things are in the "english model"

ANyway....if that article is the same sorted out in Italy (always a couple of days ago)..... it's not right AT ALL !!
According to it:
Juve was worthy of 10 (wrong !....12 is right)
Inter more than AC Milan (absolutely wrong)
Torino 1.150.000 (simply ridicoulous !)
Chievo 4.800 (consider they have 8.000 yearly tickets !!)

...and so on...
if the article is that one, forget about it
No it was in the newspapers. Maybe some Italian instutute, I think...I'll try to find the numbers for you and a link of course. Maybe those numbers are based on what you wrote.:(
I think Juve had 13 million Italian fans around the country.
Still the worlds biggest club domesticly was a Brazilian team with 30 million fans...at the moment I dont remember the name of the team.:eek: What's the name of the team the first Ronaldo joined? If Im not wrong I think thats the one.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flamengo is young Ronaldo's one

yes, I supposed some brazilian may have been able of huge amount (but I don't know if it's Flamengo)
Anyway, for JUVE is 12-13 the right....till 14....it depends on how you decide to count

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Live In Ireland

Try to get to about 5 games a season (Home)

Watch United daily, be it MUTV, SS1, etc...

Erm...any more info needed? :eek:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
ejuventus said:
Flamengo is young Ronaldo's one

yes, I supposed some brazilian may have been able of huge amount (but I don't know if it's Flamengo)
Anyway, for JUVE is 12-13 the right....till 14....it depends on how you decide to count
No not Flamengo....that was the team everyone thought he would sign for. But he told he never got a contract from them eventhough he have been practising with the team for a while. He signed for another team...aaargh...bad memory.

Edit....i looked Ronaldo up and he signed for Corinthians. Now Im not so sure it was that team who was said to have the most domestic fans in the world. :(

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
One thing common at Dublin Airport and Belfast is the amount of fans flying over for both Liverpool & Manchester United. It is also debatable which has the most.

Especially as Liverpool fans are always going on, and on, and on, and on about United fans not being from Manchester when most of theirs are from Eire/Ulster and North Wales.

I do hope this does not turn into a "you can't be a fan if you don't go" thread.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spellbound said:
No not Flamengo....that was the team everyone thought he would sign for. But he told he never got a contract from them eventhough he have been practising with the team for a while. He signed for another team...aaargh...bad memory.

Edit....i looked Ronaldo up and he signed for Corinthians. Now Im not so sure it was that team who was said to have the most domestic fans in the world. :(

OK, misunderstood your previous message:
Ronaldo would have signed for Flamengo because it was his first team in the youth....for that reason now Flamengo supporters hate him: their unforgotten idol signed for rivals Corinthias (something not new for Ronalso)

But...what about the total amount of Man UTD supporters, then ??

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Red Devil said:
One thing common at Dublin Airport and Belfast is the amount of fans flying over for both Liverpool & Manchester United. It is also debatable which has the most.

Especially as Liverpool fans are always going on, and on, and on, and on about United fans not being from Manchester when most of theirs are from Eire/Ulster and North Wales.

I do hope this does not turn into a "you can't be a fan if you don't go" thread.

I have to say that Liverpool often do have more fans, but more of the time United
are very well represented at Dublin Airport at 6AM! :rolleyes:...I remember going
on this little bus/coach thingy from the car-park to the main terminal and there
were too Leeds fans behind me...:p lol...

...on the same flight that night flying back from Manchester! :p lol..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Red Devil said:
One thing common at Dublin Airport and Belfast is the amount

Absolutely NOT !!

also most Juventus fans are far away from Turin, and they can attend only few mgames per year..... but , being in the same country (or area) you can buy TV broadcasting

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
ejuventus said:
Absolutely NOT !!

also most Juventus fans are far away from Turin, and they can attend only few mgames per year..... but , being in the same country (or area) you can buy TV broadcasting

Does Juve have JTV or some sort of dedicated channel like Utd have MUTV?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts