Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Statto
5,644 Posts
BUMP

Report: Manchester United to make summer bid for Real Madrid - IMScouting

Spanish daily Marca reports that Manchester United are looking to bring Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra to Old Trafford this summer.

While there has been much speculation recently over the possibility of Patrice Evra and even Wayne Rooney moving to the Bernebeu, Marca reports that Sir Alex Ferguson wants to bring Diarra in the opposite direction.

The 23 year-old is in his second season at Real Madrid and after a good first season since moving from Portsmouth, Diarra has seen his place come under greater threat this season. With the probability that Real Madrid will look to make big signings in the summer, now could be an opportune moment for the Frenchman to depart.

Marca speculates that Manchester United would be willing to spend 20 million Euros on Diarra, who has also had spells in England with Chelsea and Arsenal. Diarra is an excellent box to box midfielder, particularly strong in a defensive role but also effective pushing forward.

The Frenchman has won 24 international caps and will star at this summer's World Cup. Manchester United boss Ferguson will be aware that Diarra's value will rise should he enjoy a successful tournament."

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
No one seems to want real madrid's rejects. They can't get a game for them and people think they're not worth going for.

Robben and Sneijder are in the Champions league final.

·
23,699 Posts
Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Speculation | Diarra welcomes United link

Mahamadou Diarra admits he could leave Real Madrid in the summer, with Manchester United a possible destination.

Reports in Spain suggest the Mali international is on Sir Alex Ferguson's shopping list, as he looks to add extra bite to his midfield.

The Red Devils are also reported to be eyeing Diarra's namesake and Santiago Bernaebu team-mate Lassana Diarra.

However, it is believed the former Chelsea, Arsenal and Portsmouth enforcer would carry a hefty price tag while Mahamadou Diarra would be available for a fraction of the price.

The African ace is certainly open to the idea of a move to Old Trafford, with first-team opportunities having proven hard to come by at Real this season.

Flattered

"I am very flattered to be linked with a prestigious club like Manchester United," said Diarra.

"They are a top team and on a same level as Madrid. The Premier League is also the top league in the world, so let's wait and see.

"I am not playing a lot and at the end of the season I will discuss my situation with all parties and a decision will be taken.

"I want to play week in, week out like all top players."

Speculation in France suggests Paris St Germain are also tracking Diarra's availability, with the Ligue 1 outfit keen for him to replace the retiring Claude Makelele.

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
Diarra is a solid player. Versatile in the midfield strong on the ball. Its just a rumor anyway..all this hating is rubbish

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Which one Lou? We have now been linked with both, with Mahmadou looking the more likely option

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
There would be a creative midfielder aswell, i feel this would be more to replace Carrick / Hargo (if Hargo continues to struggle)

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
:rolleyes: @ calling Hargreaves a flop. Any player can suffer serious injury problems. It doesn't make them a flop. Especially a player that was so crucial in us winning the Champions League in 2008.

I can't see this happening to be honest mainly because United NEVER buy players from Madrid. Yet, almost every time that there's a player leaving Madrid we are linked with them. There have been far better players than Diarra that have left Madrid over the last couple of seasons, most notably Sneijder and Robben who would have been worth breaking that policy for though. There are others at Madrid who it might be worth breaking that policy for in the future if they become available - such as Van der Vaart and Higuain. But Diarra isn't in that catagory. He's not a bad player but I believe that we've already got better players in midfield and the money could be spent far more wisely.

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
Which one Lou? We have now been linked with both, with Mahmadou looking the more likely option
I think they are both solid but I was talking about the younger one. I don't know why Chelsea sold him..he was being played out of position at RB but he was doing a good job there to be honest. He wouldn't be a bad acquisition IMO but not for 20 million

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
lassana diarra is a solid player.. i wouldnt mind having him to make our central midfield stronger.. but i rather see fergie buying an attacking/creative midfield player..

21 - 40 of 45 Posts