·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United vs Newcastle United

Date: Sunday 1st October 2006

Kick Off:
3 PM GMT
After our dissapointing draw against newly promoted Reading last week, we really need to get back to winning ways in the Premiership. After going two games without a victory. We now head back to our own ground, Old Trafford to welcome Newcastle United, who have a few injuries, such as Shay Given, and a few others such as Micheal Owen, and god knows who else.

So they are having trouble...quite good if you think about it, surely an easy victory? Ok ok, let me move on to how it might go, we really need to win this game, with Rooney itching to get another game under his belt, plus Saha hoping to keep the goals coming, you have to wonder if this match will have plenty of goals in it, for the home side.

Last season, we beat Newcastle 2-0, with Rooney grabbing a brace, but hold on, it could of been 9-0 as we had lots of chances to really give Newcastle a hammering! I am looking forward to this game, and if we win, it'll put us back on track in the Premiership.

Prediction: Manchester United 3-0 Newcastle

MATCHDAY ENCOUNTERS (LAST 6 PREMIERSHIP MEETINGS)

2003/2004 Season: Newcastle 1-2 Manchester United
2003/2004 Season: Manchester United 0 -0 Newcastle
2004/2005 Season: Newcastle 1-3 Manchester United
2004/2005 Season: Manchester United 2-1 Newcastle
2005/2006 Season: Newcastle 0-2 Manchester United
2005/2006 Season: Manchester United 2-0 Newcastle

MATCHDAY FACT: The last time there was a dull boring 0-0 draw between Manchester United and Newcastle was in the 2003/2004 Season, in January 2004, lets hope there won't be one this time round.

E

·
0 Posts
since Chelsea unable to win, it would be a shame if man u don sieze this opportunity.

Hope wazza would finally return to his form, since ronaldo is currently in hot form.

i predict to skorline would be 2-0. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hopefully rooney'll get back to his best ... bang in a couple of goals(like he usually does against NU) ;) ..

My lineup :

----------------VDS---------------------

--Gazza----Rio------Vidic---Evra---

--Fletcher----Carrick----Scholes---Ronaldo---

------------------Roo--------------------

-----------------Saha-----------------

·
Registered
3 Posts
hope manu wins commandingly with da scoreline 3-0 :)

lets hope ronaldo doesnt miss his chances dis time (let him not repeat da same thing which he did against arsenal)

no doubt dat rooneys gonna score :D

O

·
0 Posts
It's a MUST WIN game.... Afterall, Chelsea dropped points and Liverpool also dropped points...

So Go Go Go the Red Devils.... :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
lets hope for the best..
according to me

------------------------VDS------------------------

Neville------Ferdinand------Vidic------Heinze

Ronaldo----Scholes-------Carrick-----O'Shea

--------------Rooney----------Saha-------------

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I reckon he was having some issues with his fitness, as he was taken off during the Benfica game midweek as well, so Fergie probably didnt want to risk him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeh thats what I assumed, Solksjaer is quality though, just imagine if we hadn't lost him to injury for so long.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I was amazed at the antics of Newcastle defender, Taylor. He should have been red carded for both stopping a certain goal and for deliberate hand ball. His acting ability deserved an Oscar!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.