Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd Youngsters On the move!! Now think again with the New F.A Regulation!!!

Permanent Deals > RED
Loan Deals > Blue

1. Chris Eagles to Burnley
United winger Chris Eagles has joined Coca-Cola Championship club Burnley on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee believed to be in excess of £1m. Eagles, 22joined the Barclays Premier League champions at the age of 14 but has failed to establish himself as a regular part of Sir Alex Ferguson's first-team plans

2. Tom Heaton to Cardiff City

He may be yet to kick - or catch - a ball in anger at Cardiff City, but Tom Heaton is already thinking ahead to life as United's first choice goalkeeper.
The 22-year-old England youth international has joined the Bluebirds on loan for the entire 2008/09 campaign, and he sees the move as a stepping stone towards a bright future at Old Trafford.

3. Febien Brandy to Swansea City
Febian Brandy is hopeful his second loan spell at Swansea City will help him emulate the improvement of fellow striker Fraizer Campbell.
While Brandy impressed at the Liberty Stadium in the latter half of last season, it was the form of Campbell at Hull City which represented the Reds' biggest loan success.

4. Danny Simpson to Blackburn rovers
Danny Simpson has signed for Blackburn Rovers on loan.
The promising young full-back, who has previously enjoyed spells at Royal Antwerp, Sunderland and Ipswich Town, will further his footballing education at Ewood Park for the entire 2008/09 campaign.

So who do you think is next ??
1. Danny Gibson??
2. Jhonny Evans??
3. Cleverley ??
4. Cathcart??
5. Lee Martin??

Hi I've just heard about the Premier League new regulations about the 7 subs .
here's a report from REUTERS:

Premier League clubs will be able to name seven substitutes in league matches next season, the Premier League said on Thursday.

Only three of the seven will be able to be used but it will give coaches more options when making changes. Currently three from five named substitutes can be used.

The new regulations gained a majority vote at a Premier League board meeting.

(Reporting by Martyn Herman; Editing by Sonia Oxley)

I THINK THAT NOW FERGIE SHOULD THINK AGAIN ABOUT LOANING ALL OUR RESERVES OUT IF WE ARE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE CARLING CUP BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THAT ALL OUR PLAYER WILL BE INJURY FREE IN THE COMING SEASON [after hearing scolari on playing dirty to get points!!!!] :mad:

I SUGGEST THAT NOW LEE MARTIN WILL NOT BE SOLD!!!! BECAUSE I STILL BELIEVE HE IS CLASS AND SHOULD NOT BE RATED COMPAIRING TO EAGLES!!!
GIVE HIM HIS CHANCE TO PROVE HIMSELF IN GAMES LIKE AGAINST NEWCASTLE[6-0,0-6 was that tennis]!!!!!:D :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Lee Martin is supposedly almost out the door permanently. Evans is probably staying. The rest you mentioned are probably due to be loaned out.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think Tom Heatons move will be made permanent.

I also hope that Simpson comes back, and his move doesn't become permanent. I'm a big fan of his, and hes going to be a very good player and we should keep him.

But I hope the young players get more first team opportunities. One thing that annoys me about Sir Alex is how he promises the young players opportunites but doesn't give them any, or enough, like he did with Rossi and Pique.

Hopefully the current young players will get more to show what they can do, and prove themselves.

My views in red;

20LEGEND said:
1. Danny Gibson - Loan move
2. Jhonny Evans?? - Will stay to provide cover for Rio and Vidic
3. Cleverley ?? - May be loaned out or will play for the reserves
4. Cathcart?? - Again, may be loaned out or reserve football
5. Lee Martin?? - Will be off permanently.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
manutd004 said:
But I hope the young players get more first team opportunities. One thing that annoys me about Sir Alex is how he promises the young players opportunites but doesn't give them any, or enough, like he did with Rossi and Pique.
Then go support Arsenal, and bask in all the glory of the trophies they won this year. ;)

Not attacking ya buddy, its all in good humor. To me, there is such a delicate balance to it, and I think that Sir Alex has done a wonderful job incorporating younger players in and selling the ones that aren't up to his, and the club's standards. Yes, in all honesty it would have been nice had Pique been given more of chance during the season, but it wasn't like we had much breathing room throughout the season as well. We were chasing points from Arsenal and there was not much room, if any, if we were going to win the Prem, especially going out early in the Carling and then losing in the FA cup.

Remember people, and this rant is based on the thread of SAF's biggest mistake thread, we just won the Double, and both were exceptionally close calls. The disappointment from missing out on either one of those would have been far greater than the disappointment of seeing Pique, Rossi, or Eagles not getting enough chances.

·
23,699 Posts
Cappy said:
Remember people, and this rant is based on the thread of SAF's biggest mistake thread, we just won the Double, and both were exceptionally close calls. The disappointment from missing out on either one of those would have been far greater than the disappointment of seeing Pique, Rossi, or Eagles not getting enough chances.
Your 'rant' is not a rant; too gentle. :D

Know what you are trying to say but may or may not be directly related though. Always easier to attribute causes and factors after the event. [But then again, how else are we supposed to present our case?:p ;) ]

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
It was a rant, if you could have seen my face while I was typing, you would have known that I meant business. ;)

But seriously, what youngster so far, that we haven't given a chance in the past has made us wish we hadn't sold him so quickly or given more time to. I can't think of one.

·
23,699 Posts
Cappy said:
It was a rant, if you could have seen my face while I was typing, you would have known that I meant business. ;)

But seriously, what youngster so far, that we haven't given a chance in the past has made us wish we hadn't sold him so quickly or given more time to. I can't think of one.
Actually pretty accurate enough - only one youngster so far for me - Rossi. "If you could have seen my face while I was typing...." ;)

The rest just faded into obscurity.

Pique could be the second one but we will have to wait and see.....

Strictly speaking though, more like they wanted to leave for first team football than Fergie wanting to send them away albeit with full blessings and many wishes.

:p

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
manutd004 said:
I think Tom Heatons move will be made permanent.

I also hope that Simpson comes back, and his move doesn't become permanent. I'm a big fan of his, and hes going to be a very good player and we should keep him.

Hopefully the current young players will get more to show what they can do, and prove themselves.

My views in red;
I think Tom Heaton will be going nowhere permanently.
He's very good and played for England U21 I think.

What you say about the young players being given
chances is fair enough. But look at it from Fergies
viewpoint.

When ?

The Carling Cup is the best opportunity and they
went and lost 2-0 at home to Coventry City !!!
They are their own worst enemy. Could he risk
letting them loose early in the season ? We might
drop one or two points here and there though.
Imagine if we then lost the Title on goal difference !!!

It's easy to say "give them more chances" but it's
not so easy fitting them in !

People complain he gives them no time - people
would complain if they made a hash of it and cost
us the Title - again Fergie is in a lose-lose situation !!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
versa said:
Actually pretty accurate enough - only one youngster so far for me - Rossi. "If you could have seen my face while I was typing...." ;)

The rest just faded into obscurity.

Pique could be the second one but we will have to wait and see.....

Strictly speaking though, more like they wanted to leave for first team football than Fergie wanting to send them away albeit with full blessings and many wishes.

:p
Yeah, I think we all have that sentiment with Pique, but at the same time, it isn't really fair to ask him to sit and wait behind Vidic and Rio for the next 4 years either, with the occasional appearance, because I don't see either of those two leaving.

Rossi maybe, and would definitely be a use right now with some of the injuries/suspensions/Olympics we have going on right now, but I haven't been that upset about him leaving. Of course I always think/hope that Saha is over his injuries as well. ;)

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi I've just heard about the Premier League new regulations about the & subs .
here's a report from REUTERS:

Premier League clubs will be able to name seven substitutes in league matches next season, the Premier League said on Thursday.

Only three of the seven will be able to be used but it will give coaches more options when making changes. Currently three from five named substitutes can be used.

The new regulations gained a majority vote at a Premier League board meeting.

(Reporting by Martyn Herman; Editing by Sonia Oxley)

I THINK THAT NOW FERGIE SHOULD THINK AGAIN ABOUT LOANING ALL OUR RESERVES OUT IF WE ARE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE CARLING CUP BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THAT ALL OUR PLAYER WILL BE INJURY FREE IN THE COMING SEASON [after hearing scolari on playing dirty to get points!!!!]

I SUGGEST THAT NOW LEE MARTIN WILL NOT BE SOLD!!!! BECAUSE I STILL BELIEVE HE IS CLASS AND SHOULD NOT BE RATED COMPAIRING TO EAGLES!!!
GIVE HIM HIS CHANCE TO PROVE HIMSELF IN GAMES LIKE AGAINST NEWCASTLE[6-0,0-6 was that tennis]!!!!!:D

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I think we could see Johnny Evans and maybe Cathcart/Cleverley this season as covers for Rio and Vidic, seeing as we do not have Pique anymore...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I think Fergie said that Cathcart will go on loan for sure.

He also indicated that Campbell, Possebon, Da Silva twins, Evans will stay for sure.

I would like to see Cleverly, Martin and Gibson should go on loan asap.

I personally think we should keep most of them till they get knocked out of the League Cup...if they get knocked out then out they go on loan.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
versa said:
Argyle Sign Manchester United Defender Craig Cathcart

http://www.plymouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=119088
Good move for him. I've been impressed when I've seen him in Pre season, he just needs to bulk up a bit and gain some experience.

Depending how well we do in the Carling Cup I hope Rodrigo goes out on loan in January. He's the 6th choice right now so if he can get some first team experience he could inprove massively.

I think we should sell Gibson.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
What you say about the young players being given
chances is fair enough. But look at it from Fergies
viewpoint.

When ?

The Carling Cup is the best opportunity and they
went and lost 2-0 at home to Coventry City !!!
They are their own worst enemy. Could he risk
letting them loose early in the season ? We might
drop one or two points here and there though.
Imagine if we then lost the Title on goal difference !!!

It's easy to say "give them more chances" but it's
not so easy fitting them in !

People complain he gives them no time - people
would complain if they made a hash of it and cost
us the Title - again Fergie is in a lose-lose situation !!
Good post. I agree with you actually.

But what annoys me is that Pique came in and made a mistake against Bolton. Then he never got to see the first team again until we were really struggling with injuries.

Sir Alex even persisted in playing O'Shea at CB in front of Pique. As much as I like O'Shea, I think Pique is a better CB than O'Shea, so should have been given the opportunity. I think he handled the situation with Pique in the wrong way. (but then again, I'm not a manager who has managed Man Utd for more than 20 years, and is now the most successful manager in English football history ;))

Also, its a bit annoying for the young players like Pique and Rossi to be told that they will get first team football, and then not get it.

But I absolutely agree with your post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the only players ready to make the step - from what ive seen in pre-season..

Frazier Campbell will play a part as long as Saha is on the sidelines
Johnny Evans could be a frige player, cant see anyone getting in over Vida and Rio for years!

I dont think Lee Martin is ready, we should try and get him some prem experience. I think that could be more beneficial than just league cup?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts