Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
manutd004 said:
But I hope the young players get more first team opportunities. One thing that annoys me about Sir Alex is how he promises the young players opportunites but doesn't give them any, or enough, like he did with Rossi and Pique.
Then go support Arsenal, and bask in all the glory of the trophies they won this year. ;)

Not attacking ya buddy, its all in good humor. To me, there is such a delicate balance to it, and I think that Sir Alex has done a wonderful job incorporating younger players in and selling the ones that aren't up to his, and the club's standards. Yes, in all honesty it would have been nice had Pique been given more of chance during the season, but it wasn't like we had much breathing room throughout the season as well. We were chasing points from Arsenal and there was not much room, if any, if we were going to win the Prem, especially going out early in the Carling and then losing in the FA cup.

Remember people, and this rant is based on the thread of SAF's biggest mistake thread, we just won the Double, and both were exceptionally close calls. The disappointment from missing out on either one of those would have been far greater than the disappointment of seeing Pique, Rossi, or Eagles not getting enough chances.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
It was a rant, if you could have seen my face while I was typing, you would have known that I meant business. ;)

But seriously, what youngster so far, that we haven't given a chance in the past has made us wish we hadn't sold him so quickly or given more time to. I can't think of one.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
versa said:
Actually pretty accurate enough - only one youngster so far for me - Rossi. "If you could have seen my face while I was typing...." ;)

The rest just faded into obscurity.

Pique could be the second one but we will have to wait and see.....

Strictly speaking though, more like they wanted to leave for first team football than Fergie wanting to send them away albeit with full blessings and many wishes.

:p
Yeah, I think we all have that sentiment with Pique, but at the same time, it isn't really fair to ask him to sit and wait behind Vidic and Rio for the next 4 years either, with the occasional appearance, because I don't see either of those two leaving.

Rossi maybe, and would definitely be a use right now with some of the injuries/suspensions/Olympics we have going on right now, but I haven't been that upset about him leaving. Of course I always think/hope that Saha is over his injuries as well. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.