Manchester United Talk banner

Player to solve United's left wing conundrum?

41 - 60 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I don't think we'll be going for Modric, he'd cost at least 25mil. It's pointless wishful thinking looking for someone like him.

Nani, Obertan and Park will play there, leave Cleverley play in the center. If we sign someone thats great but I wouldn't count on it. I'd rather and attacking mid that can score and set up goals for fun.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'd go for James Milner, been fantastic this season and offers workrate which effectively takes over Park's role for the big European games and such. We'd probably be looking at upwards of 20 million though considering out history of paying over the odds in recent years.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd go for James Milner, been fantastic this season and offers workrate which effectively takes over Park's role for the big European games and such. We'd probably be looking at upwards of 20 million though considering out history of paying over the odds in recent years.
milner has his his best form when he moved to CM (which makes sense, hard worker, good passer, smart and not fast..... TBH he could be fit in 4-4-2 CAM man utd has been looking for

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
milner has his his best form when he moved to CM (which makes sense, hard worker, good passer, smart and not fast..... TBH he could be fit in 4-4-2 CAM man utd has been looking for
He doesn't have as much pace as our current wingers but he can still beat his man a lot of the time, plus he's a good crosser. Though yeah, he could work as a centre midfielder for us as well, as Fergie loves a hard-worker with lots of energy in the middle of the park.

It just occured to me that Adam Johnson is (apparently) available on a free in the summer. Scoring loads in the Championship this season, but he looks likely to go to Chelsea.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Di Maria is a big nono, far too small and skinny, for me Modric is ideal, excellent passing, great on the ball and great shooting...

Haha... How hypocritical can you be in one sentence!

Modric is diddy and very skinny.

But back to Di Maria. How is he small?? he looks at least 5ft 10 to me mate. You sure you know who he is?

Modric is class but he wouldnt suit us. Di Maria would. Im sure of it.

Just googled him... Di Maria is 5 10 1/2 (decent height mate)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Agree, nani is doing very well atm IMO, but i don't feel he's a left winger? plays better on the right. i would like to see us sign Ribery or Silva, both absoloutely quality, or someone like Arjen Robben, who i don't think would be overlly expensive, but obviously Ribery / silva wold be top choice for me!

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Haha... How hypocritical can you be in one sentence!

Modric is diddy and very skinny.

But back to Di Maria. How is he small?? he looks at least 5ft 10 to me mate. You sure you know who he is?

Modric is class but he wouldnt suit us. Di Maria would. Im sure of it.

Just googled him... Di Maria is 5 10 1/2 (decent height mate)
Di Maria has been nothing special from what i've seen, plays similar to Nani and not too good at crossing and seems to go to the ground twice as much as Ronaldo did, Modric is very different, and is proven in the league

Modric is an attacking midfielder, well thats how he played for Croatia in the last Euro's and its qualifiers
He has been on the wing for Spurs lately, and the pundits have agreed he looks much better there than he did central

·
crushed like a bug in the ground
9,195 Posts
Modric would be perfect, but we would have to break the bank in order to prise him away from Spurs.

I'm a big fan of Morten Gamst Pederson, he would have been a great option had we picked him up a few seasons ago. Now he is in his late 20's so I think that ship has sailed.

If you want a player who can provide good delivery, Downing has a sweet left foot and can whip in a great cross. You could argue that he might not be "United quality", but he is winger who can beat a man and could even play centrally if needed. Milner would be good, but he would be costly and he has strong ties to Leeds.

I think we should have made a move for Niko Kranjcar while he was still at Pompey, he has proven to be a very good creative player at Spurs. He was an absolute bargain at the price they got him for.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Di Maria has been nothing special from what i've seen, plays similar to Nani and not too good at crossing and seems to go to the ground twice as much as Ronaldo did, Modric is very different, and is proven in the league

Di Maria is fast, crosses well, and passes it quickly while on the move. He's also left footed. Give us proper balance on the left in which we need. He destroyed everton in the uefa cup.

Modric is right footed and comes in-field alot. Class player but i don't feel he's what we need.

41 - 60 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.