Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-sung has been named Asian Player of the Year by Arabic language magazine Super.

"I'm really honoured to receive the award and thanks to everyone who voted for me," said Park in a recorded message.

"I will do my best for Asian people and players and to improve Asian football."

African winner Emmanuel Adebayor, the Arsenal striker, praised the former PSV Eindhoven winger, who he faced in the Champions League in his days at Monaco before joining Arsenal.

"He's a very good player, a player who loves to play football and who works hard for the team," he said. "He's considered one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.

"I don't know a lot of players from Asia but I've known him very well for four or five years and he's a very good player."

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Must be pretty easy to win Asian player of the year then, nah fair play Park has been playing very well recently and deserves his award.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Park Park wherever you may be, You eat Dogs in your own country
could be worse, Could be scouse eating rats in a council house

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Stephen said:
Who came second?

If Park played for City he wouldn't get near that reward.
Give the lad some credit...... he's way too good for Man City :)

Seriously though, you compare him to the other Asian players in the prem and around Europe and I'd say he's deserving of the award.

Especially since the award is by an Ariab language mag, who could have been biased, but over the past 12 months I think he's deserved it.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Yes park is quality but I think it would be unjust to ban parks biggest fan from the forum so I would like to publicly get the the reinstatment of park satay evreyone else who is disguisted please get on to the mods

Thank you
Michael

·
Registered
81 Posts
One player called Endo who plays for Japan and Gamba Osaka is complete class. I saw hin play in the Asian Champions League and he has great pace and technique. I would rate him higher than Park.

Here are the previous winners. Not exactly household names exvept for Nakata.

1997 Hidetoshi Nakata Bellmare Hiratsuka
1998 Hidetoshi Nakata Perugia
1999 Ali Daei Hertha BSC Berlin
2000 Nawaf Al Temyat Al-Hilal
2001 Fan Zhiyi Dundee F.C.
2002 Shinji Ono Feyenoord
2003 Mehdi Mahdavikia Hamburger SV
2004 Ali Karimi Al-Ahli
2005 Hamad Al-Montashari Al-Ittihad
2006 Khalfan Ibrahim Al-Sadd
2007 Yasser Al-Qahtani Al-Hilal
2008 Server Djeparov FC Bunyodkor

S

·
0 Posts
freeparksatay said:
Yes park is quality but I think it would be unjust to ban parks biggest fan from the forum so I would like to publicly get the the reinstatment of park satay evreyone else who is disguisted please get on to the mods

Thank you
Michael
Eh ???? :confused: :confused:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Burkey said:
One player called Endo who plays for Japan and Gamba Osaka is complete class. I saw hin play in the Asian Champions League and he has great pace and technique. I would rate him higher than Park.

Here are the previous winners. Not exactly household names exvept for Nakata.

1997 Hidetoshi Nakata Bellmare Hiratsuka
1998 Hidetoshi Nakata Perugia
1999 Ali Daei Hertha BSC Berlin
2000 Nawaf Al Temyat Al-Hilal
2001 Fan Zhiyi Dundee F.C.
2002 Shinji Ono Feyenoord
2003 Mehdi Mahdavikia Hamburger SV
2004 Ali Karimi Al-Ahli
2005 Hamad Al-Montashari Al-Ittihad
2006 Khalfan Ibrahim Al-Sadd
2007 Yasser Al-Qahtani Al-Hilal
2008 Server Djeparov FC Bunyodkor

Yeah endo played us at the club world cup and looked ok to be fair .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts