Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
As an ex pat from the other end of the mersey, and fully aware of the life there, I actually voted Liverpool, for purely old times sake, not through any misguided loyalty.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Manc of course :p

A teacher starts a new job at a primary school on Mersyside and, trying hard to make a good impression on her first day, explains to her class that she's a big football fan and supports Liverpool. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Liverpool fans.

Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says: "Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"because I'm not a Liverpool fan, miss," she replies. The teacher still shocked asks: "Well if you're not a Liverpool fan who are you a fan of?"

"I'm a West Ham United fan, and proud of it," Mary replies.

The teacher can't believe her ears. "Mary, how come you're a hammers fan?"

"Because my mum and dad are from London's East End and are West Ham fans, so I'm a West Ham fan too!"

"Still," says the teacher, annoyed, "that's no reason for you to be a West Ham fan as well. You don't have to be just like your parents all the time do you? What if your mum was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict and car thief. Would you be like them then?

"No," smiles Mary, "I'd be a Liverpool fan."

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Red Devil said:
As an ex pat from the other end of the mersey, and fully aware of the life there, I actually voted Liverpool, for purely old times sake, not through any misguided loyalty.
YOU ARE SACKED!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Manchester as the more dangerous city to live in, associating it with guns and gang violence.
FCUK ME, SAYS LIVERPOOL THE DRUG CAPITAL OF EUROPE!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
andycole9 said:
YOU ARE SACKED!
I'll get me coat!

This is nowt to do with football, I am going on the geography, demography and knowledge of both cities. I think Liverpool is far safer place than Manchester, truly. Having been dragged up there, I know the region far more intimately than many others do. There is nothing wrong with Liverpool except for some poxy team in red.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Red Devil said:
I'll get me coat!

This is nowt to do with football, I am going on the geography, demography and knowledge of both cities. I think Liverpool is far safer place than Manchester, truly. Having been dragged up there, I know the region far more intimately than many others do. There is nothing wrong with Liverpool except for some poxy team in red.
im sorry i have to disagree with you i think the rivalry between manchester and liverpool runs much deeper than football

we in manchester are brought up to hate the scousers and vice versa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts