Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MANCHESTER United fans have shamed the European champions by posting videos of themselves rioting on the internet.

The Reds hooligans are seen hurling plastic beer bottles and kicking bins during a half-time break.

During the mayhem the soccer yobs sing “Let's go f***ing mentalâ€.

The loutish behaviour was posted on the web after Manchester United's Boxing Day clash at Stoke City.

Police are investigating the footage which shows about 80 of the club's 3,000 away supporters making abusive chants.

The fans caused the havoc on the concourse of Stoke's South Stand.

It was also revealed around 100 seats were ripped out in the disorder at the Britannia Stadium.

Now Stoke supporters want United to compensate them for their fans' disgrace.

Bryan Shaw, chairman of Stoke City Supporters' Club, said: “It would be nice if United coughed up and paid for the damage, but I doubt they will.

“If Stoke did this kind of thing at Old Trafford and ripped up 100 seats we would be highlighted as being the biggest thugs in the country, but just like their football team, United fans get away with everything.â€

Investigation

The internet footage – posted on YouTube – has been passed to Staffordshire Police.

Several videos have appeared showing United fans causing damage to the stadium.

Superintendent Andy Franks, who was match commander for the fixture, said: “We will conduct a thorough investigation into the footage to try to identify those responsible for this disorder.

Advertisement

“It was limited to the section of the South Stand concourse area where Manchester United fans were housed.

“We will continue to work closely with the club for the rest of the season in ensuring that the Britannia Stadium remains a safe place for football supporters.â€

Stadium safety manager John Al**** said: “We were aware of the behaviour of a certain section of Manchester United fans during the match, but were not aware it had been posted on the internet

“We tend to get quite a few supporters from different teams coming to the Britannia Stadium and damaging the facilities in the away end.

“The internet footage has been put on a CD and handed to police.â€
Share this article What is this?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2105907.ece

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's a shame that there are people out there who will go out of their way to do things which damage the reputation of our club. I hope they get hefty fines if they're identified from the footage.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i was there. we were hardly rioting. fair enough, the seats being ripped out is wrong, but all that actually happened, was that about 100 lads gathered and split into two sides facing each other. then they started singing a load of united songs whilst throwing plastic beer bottles at each other. it wasn't violent, and one of my mates was involved. their security guy, some short guy walked into the middle, got pelted with beer, and then left. it was light hearted fun, if you wanted to get out the way, it only took up a bit of the concourse, and you could walk through some double doors out of the firing line.

storm in a teacup really, and all fans shouldn't be tarred with the same brush...

"united aggro, united aggro, hello, hello" :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
RedAdam said:
got pelted with beer,
That's a disgrace!!! Beer should never be wasted! :D

Seriously though...

Obviously it's unfortunate when these things happen. I would be furious if away fans started ripping up seats at Old Trafford. Alcohol was obviously a factor but the fans involved need to look at their behaviour and not make excuses.

Where there's alcohol there's always a minority of alcohol fuelled people who cause trouble whether it be in town centres or at football matches. It's just that when they're wearing United shirts they are seen to be representing the club.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There was also trouble after yesterdays match. A United fan went and punched a derby fan and it kicked off. It was a shame as i thought your support was pretty good up here.(Well, first half anyway)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
they should be banned from football matches.

there are plenty of deserving supporters who would love to go to away games and instead we have c*ckheads who think a good day out is causing mayhem and criminal damage.

·
Registered
177 Posts
IanDangerously said:
It's a shame that there are people out there who will go out of their way to do things which damage the reputation of our club. I hope they get hefty fines if they're identified from the footage.
Are you serious? You hope they get hefty fines !!! Why should they get hefty fines they havent done anything wrong chucking beer around so ****ing what, I would hate for our away fans to get banned as we are the ones who are keeping aways alive.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ripping out seats is uncalled for and just plain stupid.
but throwing a few plastic bottles, kicking some bins and shouting songs is not that bad really.
Blown WAY out of proportion.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Ripping out seats is uncalled for and just plain stupid.
but throwing a few plastic bottles, kicking some bins and shouting songs is not that bad really.
Blown WAY out of proportion.

I think back to Croke Park! :(

Its always some braindead fool that causes the kick up...

...so many tared with the same views cause of a few idiots...every club has them unfortunately, and always will

·
Registered
364 Posts
mufc-ok said:
Are you serious? You hope they get hefty fines !!! Why should they get hefty fines they havent done anything wrong chucking beer around so ****ing what, I would hate for our away fans to get banned as we are the ones who are keeping aways alive.
Fyi, ripping seats out is classed as criminal damage - of course they deserve to be fined.

If it was just chucking beer around, it wouldn't exactly be in the news now, would it? Well these days it might be, but that's beyond the point.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts