Manchester United Talk banner

Manchester United are ready to bid for Inter Milan star Adriano

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Sparx 
#1 ·
Inter patron Massimo Moratti admitted yesterday they now must sell after landing Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Hernan Crespo and Patrick Vieira in recent weeks.

"Inter are a club who look ahead, but we also have to keep an eye on our budget," Moratti told the Corriere dello Sport.

"We still have not started the sale transfer phase, but we know it will have to start sooner or later. We certainly can't just buy players.

"Inter will consider all requests very carefully, studying the market and our relationships with the clubs that make those offers."

It's reported United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to offer �30 million to land 24 year-old Adriano, who despite declaring his commitment to Inter this summer endured a difficult time on-and-off the pitch last season.

A representative, meanwhile, insisted this morning: "Adriano wants to stay with Inter."

G
#3 ·
So bizzarre, It could be true!!

I am so disillusioned with all the transfer talk, that I don't know what to believe
anymore. It looks like Senna is coming. As far as Adriano goes, after spending
$18 million on Carrick, where is the money going to come from?

Having said that, I get a gut feeling that Adriano will actually happen, but it means
using the cash set aside for next summer. I think Ferguson will take the risk
to save his job - and show that he is still the man to lead United.

I hope it will happen, we need some new blood in the team.

Always a Red!

Kayvan
from Sherman Oaks, California

#5 ·
Hargreaves and Senna are both really good...at this point, either one will do. But I do see Hargreaves becoming great investment and maybe, a veteran Red Devil.

I'm not sure what will happen with our hole at the front. But we need someone to fill it before the start of the Season. Adriano is a great player that can definitely improve under SAF. However, for that much cash I would get TEVEZ. He's got one thing adriano doesnt have....HEART! and Heart makes the perfect DEVIL!

G
#8 ·
If United are gonna splash out anywhere near £30mill for any player, Adriano is definately not the rite man. At 24 he's at his peak and probably will never get better than he is now. His only decent attribute is strength, which, with Rooney upfront, United dont exactly lack.

For this sort of money we should go back to our first target - Torres. At 21 he's not the finished article, and under SAF's guidance could become a club legend. The fact he's already better than Adriano only concretes my belief that Utd would be stupid to sign Adriano for such a huge fee if we were scared of paying that much for Torres, the better, younger player who has expressed a desire to play for Man U. Adriano, however, is possibly the least passionate player i've ever seen play, and has never expressed a wish to play in the premiership.

If not Torres, then the next option has to be Tevez, possibly a much cheaper option, but on a par with Torres. The fact he wants to leave Corinthians will cheapen his transfer fee, meaning SAF has more money to spend on a midfielder.

In midfield, SAF needs to bring in an enforcer, Diarra, Ducsher and Gravesen are unrealistic targets as other big clubs are interested in Diarra, Duscher wants to stay in Spain n isnt that good, and Gravesen's old. For me it has to be Hargreaves, Senna lacks the quality Hargreaves has, he hardly got into the Villareal team, and if a club like Villareal want to let a player go, they shouldnt be good enough for the greatest club in the World. Hargreaves wants to play in Prem, we want a Midfielder, he'll be cheaper than Carrick was, and will keep up a fine tradition of buying of English players.

Go on SAF, Sign Torres and Hargreaves, if the cash isn't there i'll settle for Hargreaves and Tevez!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.