Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its from Goal, so not too sure how reliable this is

Manchester United Enter Race To Sign CSKA Striker Vagner Love - Report - Goal.com

Manchester United Enter Race To Sign CSKA Striker Vagner Love - Report

Brazilian striker Vagner Love has emerged as a transfer target for European and Premier League champions Manchester United, according to reports from Russian television.

The 24-year international has spent five hugely successful seasons with CSKA Moscow, and his ratio of a goal in every two matches has assisted his side to two Russian Premier League titles and the UEFA Cup in 2005.

Vagner Love was named Russian footballer of the year last season and also finished as the divisions' top scorer in the process, two facts which have alerted Europe's major clubs to the consistent level of his performances.

Everton have been linked with a move for the forward in recent weeks, and reports in January suggested that Love was in London, about to put pen to paper on a deal with Tottenham Hotspur, before Harry Redknapp opted to bring back Robbie Keane instead.

Now Russian TV have increased speculation over the players' future at the Luzhniki stadium by suggesting that Alex Ferguson is poised to make a bid for the £20m-rated former Palmieras man.

However, when asked about any proposed interest from the Red Devils, Love said he was not aware of any contact from Old Trafford.

"Until now, I haven't received anything concrete. I know about the interest from Tottenham [Hotspur] and Everton but this Manchester [United, interest] is new to me.

"I can guarantee that I don't know anything about this. I only know what has been reported on Russian TV."

Vagner Love has also previously been linked with a move to Chelsea, and Russian website Sports Today reports that the Stamford Bridge club are also trailing his team-mate, marauding left-sided midfielder Yuri Zhirkov.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I've always thought he's a player that looks better than he is in highlights. Not sure why but I just don't imagine him being a success in England.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Goal.com. Says it all really.

As for Love, he's looked quite good the couple of times I've seen him, but I've not seen him enough to talk about him in any detail.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
lol. bye bye tevez :(
Tevez > Love
There is no way in hell we'd sign him and let Tevez go.
Although If we're going to go Brazilian, I'd like Utd to sign Kerrirson. That Kid looks like 1 hell of a prospect and his goal scoring form is phenomonal.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Tevez > Love
There is no way in hell we'd sign him and let Tevez go.
Although If we're going to go Brazilian, I'd like Utd to sign Kerrirson. That Kid looks like 1 hell of a prospect and his goal scoring form is phenomonal.
Yeah Keirrison's a cracking poacher, reminds me of Solskjaer quite alot. Love I don't think is United quality and would get found out in England.

Has to be said that the england game last night proved that Rooney plays best when floating around an out-and-out striker.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
not sure he'll be a success here....what about charlton cole...
Carlton Cole, a United player!!!:whistling:

Now that would be funny:laugh:, Fergie signing a player who left Chelsea because he was rubbish..

He's done alright at West Ham this season, but seriously?

Vagner Love is very average aswell and I couldn't imagine Fergie wanting him!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Manchester United | Love in dark over interest

Vagner Love admits he knows little about reported interest from Manchester United.

United are the latest English side to be linked with a move for the CSKA Moscow forward.

The likes of Chelsea, Tottenham and Everton are all said to be keen on the Brazilian, but he insists he has not heard anything direct from anyone.

"Until now, I haven't received anything concrete," he said.

"I know about the interest from Everton, Tottenham and Chelsea but this Manchester [United interest] is new.

"I can guarantee that I don't know anything. I just saw the information on Russian TV."

CSKA Moscow & Brazil's Vagner Love In Dark Over Premier League Move - Goal.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts