Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like its really the old kit...with no badge, nothing...Nice to see all the players in the pic are from our youth product.

Sorry if i posted this one at the wrong conference..:eek:

·
Banned
51 Posts
Nice scoop (where did you find it?). It looks very much like the kit worn by the Busby Babes, except for the lack of white sleeve caps. I doubt we'll see Gary Neville wearing it on Sunday though.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just randomly checking out getty and was shocked to see it there :p

Yeah i seriously think GAry wont get to wear it this sun but atleast he got the taste of it..not so bad i guess..

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nice one for finding this.
i think it looks amazing.
Cant wait to see them playing in that jersey and hopefully banging in a few goals.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Oh yeah, just found it on Getty myself. hope they don't get too tough on the "NOT TO BE PUBLISHED BEFORE 12:00AM GMT ON SATURDAY 9 FEBRUARY 2008" line though...

Shame City's shirts dont look similar - just this season's shirts minus sponsors logos and without the white pin-stripes.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Really nice. However will players still wear their new modern boots? Likwe will Ronny be wearing his iorange boots or will he have to wear black ones? lol

Nice kit and It'll be like looking back in time. Can't wait

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely not..somewhere in the news i cant remember when, the players has decided to dump their boots & wear the normal black boots, which is of course an appropriate gesture from them.

This is what City will be wearing for those who havent seen it yet ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wow looks amazing!!

Shame wont be on sale would be nice if they could sell them with all profits going to the Munich familys.

·
Banned
51 Posts
It was in the Manchester Evening News a few weeks back that the players will all be wearing black boots (got a copy but I can't find a link).

I still haven't figured out what that thing is on the shoulder of the City shirt though.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
It is a copy of the -58 kit. I saw on MUTV about the photoshoot. I didnt really get it but they made a comment of that City will wear sth similar but in blue. Could it be that City will wear their -58 kit as well? Or just their normal baby blue?:p

·
Registered
143 Posts
spellbound said:
It is a copy of the -58 kit. I saw on MUTV about the photoshoot. I didnt really get it but they made a comment of that City will wear sth similar but in blue. Could it be that City will wear their -58 kit as well? Or just their normal baby blue?:p
well if city did that then it would really look like a remake of playing each other in 1958

·
Banned
51 Posts
Another pic (from manutd.com):

It also says that the thing on the shoulder of City's shirt is not a chip, but "A black ribbon motif, bearing the words ‘Manchester Remembers".

S

·
0 Posts
decorativeed said:
It also says that the thing on the shoulder of City's shirt is not a chip, but "A black ribbon motif, bearing the words ‘Manchester Remembers".
Quite correct that mate and fair play to them for it as well.

The Ciddy end has also been covered in posters of Frank Swift to remind the bitters that one of their own perished as well.
And if i'm hearing right, a picture of Frank is being placed on every seat in the Ciddy section to be held up during the minutes silence.

For those who will watching on tv, keep your eyes open for all the flags thats being taken and put up by fans. Lots of class new ones and also lots of old ones will be out that day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Quite correct that mate and fair play to them for it as well.

The Ciddy end has also been covered in posters of Frank Swift to remind the bitters that one of their own perished as well.
And if i'm hearing right, a picture of Frank is being placed on every seat in the Ciddy section to be held up during the minutes silence.

For those who will watching on tv, keep your eyes open for all the flags thats being taken and put up by fans. Lots of class new ones and also lots of old ones will be out that day.

too bad i cant be at OT for the match. But i will surely watch it on TV

1 - 20 of 21 Posts