Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I heard they wouldn do this as it would take 30 years to pay for itself if they did extend the South Stand,.. maybe the recession has made this a cheaper option, I think its great! ... 100million doesn't sound all that bad either... could be repaid with attendences in about 10 years!

Hopefully it will attract better fans for the second tier of the South Stand however!!! also hope the sunshine on the grass isn't further hampered!

·
Registered
629 Posts
It should be good to see Old Trafford as England's biggest stadium in terms of capacity. Also it will bring added revenue but I don't think they'll reduce the ticket prices even if capacity if increased.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
OOOOH Sh#t they need to expand the roads around old trafford first , its a nightmare trying to get out after a game , especially if like me you do not leave till the final whistle , another 20,000 fans doesnt bear thinking about

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Hope its true, I heard Ferguson a while ago say he is pressing them to expand the standium because he thinks 100,000 would come every week, and I agree.

Hope they bring the other stands at least close to the size of the north stand so everything would be more enclosed, that would lead to a much better atmosphere IMO.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I still think the nation's stadium should be the biggest of the country,
but i would never turn down a project that makes Manchester United even better - There is no doubt about filling all the seats on match days, i just hope this will be a boost for the atmosphere and it will be filled up with SUPPORTERS not just fans.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Not too many games have actually sold out this season so I don't really see the point of increasing the capacity by 20000.
Maybe because of the expensive tickets? Logically, i think if this does materialize and they increase the stadium capacity, Glazer will reduce the tickets' price as he will have much more income. Obviously, this will attract the workers class more.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
More seats means more fans and more money its good for united it gets my :thumbsup:
Well it doesn't (see below)

Maybe because of the expensive tickets? Logically, i think if this does materialize and they increase the stadium capacity, Glazer will reduce the tickets' price as he will have much more income. Obviously, this will attract the workers class more.
Not really.

It will cost shitloads to BUILD the extension. This added on to the purchase of the houses and to build over the rail line behind the south stand.

Will cost shitloads, so where will they get the money from to pay it back? From us.

It will be an excuse to RISE ticket prices, not lower them. Plus as the extension will come down the sides, then tickets down the side of the ground will cost more anyway.

City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Champions LEague latter stages are the only games we properly sell out for. An extra 20K will see empty seats from 90% of the games.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Not really.

It will cost shitloads to BUILD the extension. This added on to the purchase of the houses and to build over the rail line behind the south stand.

Will cost shitloads, so where will they get the money from to pay it back? From us.

It will be an excuse to RISE ticket prices, not lower them. Plus as the extension will come down the sides, then tickets down the side of the ground will cost more anyway.

City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Champions LEague latter stages are the only games we properly sell out for. An extra 20K will see empty seats from 90% of the games.
Yes, maybe. I looked at it in another perspective, but yes true this looks more realistic unfortunately.
Maybe then in a matter of time they might decrease, but its a small probability.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
North stand has 3. Doesn't make that any better
ends in every ground tend to be where your fans sit with the quieter ones going for the telly view picking the other sides.

north gets better the further back you go. south is just full of photographers there on their day outing.

expansion may mean some deserving fans may get to see some of the bigger games rather than getting 'ballot unsuccessful' every time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.