Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has snapped up French midfield starlet Paul Pogba - under the nose of Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger.

Ferguson has tied up a deal to land the 16-year-old youth international who plays for crack nursery club Le Havre and the kid has opted for United ahead of the Gunners.

It is a major signing triumph for Ferguson who has been unable to dominate the French market in the past few years because of Wenger's name and contacts.

However United have been working on the deal for months and the defensive midfielder, a regular in the national under-16 side, will join their list of talented kids.

Ferguson is working overtime on recruiting the next generation while also chasing the double at first team level, with Pogba's signature now imminent.

Pogba can leave Le Havre in the summer - with the fee to be based on appearances and compensation on his 'education' at the Ligue 1 outfit.

Manchester United snatch French starlet from under noses of Arsenal - mirror.co.uk

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Wow, we're really stocking up on talent, aren't we? Not that I have any problem with that at all. Nice to know that we're looking ahead and thinking of the future. I could see this being the future of some large clubs, signing lots of young talent for medium fees and then raising the players themselves rather than buying them for lots of money when they've matured. Makes more sense too, spending 6 million on 5 players at a cost of 30 million rather than 30 million for a single player.

As for Pogba himself, I'd rather doubt it considering that a) he's only 16, and b) he's in a defensive position, but are there any videos?

·
23,699 Posts
Scouting and stocking up young talents is one thing but turning them into being our first team member is quite another. Unfortunately, the latter has not been as exciting as the former for various reasons. The most common ones are not being good enough for United or being good enough but lacks real opportunities to break through which is a shame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's exciting to hear about all the young kids who must have such super talent.

Reminds me of myself when I was younger...raw talent, unable to be harnessed (maybe that was the problem, haha).

Can't wait to see the young kids in a few years time.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If its true thats yet another talented youngster added to the ranks for the future.

One thing I will say is, that hopefully there are enough English talents coming out of the Academy to complement the foreign signings in the event of '6+5' being introduced.

We should be OK in that respect with James, Drinkwater, Morrison etc coming through

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I don't think this is officially confirmned anywhere,
so I wouldn't think too much of the story.

If it's true, well then it's great to see us finding these young prospects.
It also mentions he's a defensive midfielder which is interesting,
because I feel we don't have a proper defensive midfielder coming up through the ranks at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.