Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sir Alex Ferguson is signing a Brazilian teenager – Corinthians centre-half Jose Rodolfo Pires Ribeiro Dodo.

Fergie’s South American contacts tipped him off about the 17-year-old, who is set to follow compatriots Rafael and Fabio Da Silva to Manchester United.

Dodo has starred for Brazil in the South American Under-17 championships, helping his country to two clean sheets so far.

The tall and skilful left-footer is strong in the air and talented on the ball, likened to Rio Ferdinand by those who have seen him come through the ranks.

Sources say he has an EC passport through his Portuguese background.

United will pay Corinthians a small fee at first but the deal could be worth around £5m if he makes the grade.

Manchester United swoop for Brazilian teenager Dodo - mirror.co.uk

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Can't wait for Dodo to fly up and down our pitch. Though I always thought that Dodo was dead a very long time ago....

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
I remember reading something about him last week, seems were going all brazilian

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Is it Official though?!
Another Brazilian - I like it..!
Hopefully he's got huge potential and works his way up the ranks while developing into a top defender..
He won't have any problems settling in anyway with the Da Silva's, Possebon and Anderson, it also says he has a Portugese backround so Ronaldo and Nani will show him the ropes too..!:cool:

·
25,242 Posts
They speak portuguese in Brazil anyway, so he would have plenty of people to help him
Pity Queroz isn't still with us

·
25,242 Posts
I'm trying to find a picture of the lad, what I did find is this picture of Miss Ana Paula Minerato who also trains at the club, apparently!!! (It's on their website)

·
25,242 Posts
I've been trying to find pics of him, but 2 probs
1. Theres a 34 yr old Brazilian called Dodo who also played for the same team
2. I can't speak feckin portuguese, otherwise I could check out the clubs website.
(Why can't everyone just speak English? :whistling:)

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
This is what I like to see. £10 mil got us DS x2, Possebon, Macheda,
Petrucci and now Dodo. (I'm talking about players we've bought, not
locals who have passed through the academy, don't start.)

Glad Fergie doesn't listen to those muppets who say "we should only
buy World Class players".

Good to see we've abandoned the Real/Chelsea/City route.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
So, i went into their webbie and although i don't understand Portugese i found my way to reach the U17's profile page but no pics of them there neither - just their name, nickname and POB - Also, tried to search for some vids on you tube, but i failed again.
So it's only a matter of time now to publish something of him, now that he's in the press this possibility is even bigger.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
This is what I like to see. £10 mil got us DS x2, Possebon, Macheda,
Petrucci and now Dodo. (I'm talking about players we've bought, not
locals who have passed through the academy, don't start.)

Glad Fergie doesn't listen to those muppets who say "we should only
buy World Class players".

Good to see we've abandoned the Real/Chelsea/City route.
+1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I tend not to think about it but in terms of potential would anyone here put Pique as high as Evans?

Obviously I'm talking about when we still had him. If he's good enough to play in Barca's 1st team...

Mistake? Could Pique & Evan's have been a new defensive partnership?

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I tend not to think about it but in terms of potential would anyone here put Pique as high as Evans?

Obviously I'm talking about when we still had him. If he's good enough to play in Barca's 1st team...

Mistake? Could Pique & Evan's have been a new defensive partnership?
Yes, why not.
But i'm not so sure Pique would have been willing to stay in their shadows for that long when he was being offered a first team place (or so i think) with Barcelona. At least, Evans should not be disappointed with the chances he has been given this season, and it would have been entirely more difficult for both of them to break into the team when Fergie would have had 2 other centre backs waiting for their chances.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Well, whether we end up getting him or not its always nice to hear we are finding these players.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts