Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United are finally ready to sign Carlos Tevez on a permanent basis in a deal worth up to £30million, ending speculation about the striker's future.

Kia Joorabchian, Tevez's representative, met Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford after last weekend's 1-0 win over Everton - just five months before Tevez becomes a free agent.

Fergie was impressed with how Tevez responded after being recalled to the firstteam to partner Dimitar Berbatov following Wayne Rooney's hamstring injury.

The Argentina striker felt marginalised following the arrival of Berbatov from Spurs last summer.

United are ready to hand Tevez - now on £75,0000-aweek - a three-year deal that would be worth £11.7m to the player over the duration of the contract.

The club are expected to announce record profits for 2008, shattering the 2007 pre-tax figure of £59.6m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nchester-united-deal-at-last-115875-21098641/

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
The majority here voted against signing Carlito for 30+ ???? I want Benzema tbh, but if we got the Tevzter for 22 Id be happy..

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
The majority here voted against signing Carlito for 30+ ???? I want Benzema tbh, but if we got the Tevzter for 22 Id be happy..
Tevez desperately wants to sign permanently for us we love him and he loves us... what makes you think Benzema would actually come here

·
Registered
601 Posts
i think because of berba transfer, it gave who ever profits from the deal the excuse to say 30 mill is reasonable. Berba is worth 30 mill and you have to think of the worth in the long run can berba give man utd the talent for the next few years and if berba and tevez play like they are in 3 - 4 years time its worth every penny.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Tevez has impressed me while stepping in for Rooney, him and Tov up front look a treat. I know what your saying about the £26m price tag but remember what he did for us last season.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'm happy if this is true, but yet again, not thrilled about the money we're gonna have to cough up to sign him. He's a great player, but not great enough to warrant that sort of a price tag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tevez to get new Deal

I just read on a blog that Tevez got a new Manchester United deal.

Is it true?

If yes then I am very happy to see him in the team. We need his service as we know anyone from two striker injures then we have no proper option then Tevez.

What you guys thing.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
hey mate..welcome to the forum...peters is right..there is already another thread on this topic so from now on before you post a thread search before to avoid creating chaos in this place:)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Delighted if this is true.

But it is a newspaper, and the Mirror especially, so I'd rather wait to pass judgement.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As I've said before, I'm delighted if we sign up Tevez, I'd also be delighted to sign Benzema for different reasons, but they are the only 2 acceptable options for me. So if we put this Tevez issue to bed now its great, then the whole squad can focus on one issue and thats doing as well as we possibly can this season. I don't think David Villa is a better option than Tevez because mainly of his age, i know hes not old, but if we had 2 strikers in the team that are about 27/28 then we will soon need to spend a fortune replacing them.

Tevez has proven himself to be a committed and effective part of a winning squad, so unless we have assurances we will definitely be able to sign Benzema, I think it is absolutely right for us to just sign Tevez up as soon as possible so we can concentrate on progressing as a team without any uncertainty.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
hope its true.. love tevez and his work rate is the best at united. 3 quality strikers is great and having macheda, wellbeck, campbell, and manucho coming up means we are set with strikers

1 - 20 of 39 Posts