Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
It must be a new away kit but you know what that means either the White away or the the blue away are thrown on the scrap heap !!

Another screw for the fans I thought that Kits had a 2 season life span now days.

During the last few years we have had

The Red home which had a 1 season

The Black and Red away which was kept 1 season

And now a new kit which would mean another away kit being made redundant!

Im starting to see a trend why dont they make a Memorial kit every season that way the fans get screwed every year .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Keano! said:
Did you not hear the news months ago?

In a bid to help the debt problem, there will be a new kit be it home, away or 3rd EVERY season for a while.

...as for that one above. It won't be the home one, so brain dead sense means
that (If its all true of course), that the white will be chucked, blue pushed back to
3rd, and that one, redesigned slightly into the away slot.

I want the black from last season back!!! :(

Yes I know there is always a new kit coming out but if they had a 2 year life span then it would be the away one season the home the next !!

United are just making memorial kits for everything now days I believe the Munich kit was special and deserved its run but if we are going to bring one out for everything then its the fans who get screwed.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
For gods sake some of you fans are a joke who get taken for mugs by the clubs money all the time !!

Yes bring a kit out every season they made a ****ing rule up that said all kits had to be out for 2 years the only way around it is by bringing out memorial kits!!

So the only way they can screw the fans is to bring out a memorial kit out for every event that has happened at United which is pretty much every other year with us being so huge.

Munich , Every centenery of 68 and Busbys death centenery .

Its a ****ing joke I stopped buying the kit when they screwed the fans with the last home kit they never told anyone it was a one season kit and they sold it at full price until the day the put the big squad photo in the new kit up.

Then I buy my Nephew the black kit and they get rid of it for the blue another memorial kit and guess what they will be changing another away and the home in the summer !!

It must appeal to all you over seas fans but to me I think the club is ripping off the fans who live local go to the games spend money on the club every other week .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
scottsati said:
i never have and never will buy a relica strip...the only tops i possess are the retro ones....classics, never go out of style , no adverts and actually represent something.only ever had to buy one of these.....and bonus is i didnt have to buy them from the megastore either

Im not attacking anyone in particular Im just stressing that the club is pulling the wool over everyones eyes every season they never made memorial kits until the 2 season kit rule came in .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
antdevil78 said:
Just another gimmick pulling on our fans love of the club's tradition to sell shirts.

Since Glazer has taken over the club, the shirt policy has been laughable. Shirts for one season cos they are 'commerative' or 'in honour' dont wash with me i'm afraid.

It will be another one season only shirt, along with the blue one from this season so that means we will get two new shirts in the summer followed by a new red and a replacement for the white one the season after.

Fans response will be you dont have to buy and your right. I dont. But go to the first friendly at Old Trafford next season and thousands upon thousands will have.

Its a making us a joke and the sooner it stops the better.

Thanks for the support Antdevil some of the fans on here are so ****ing driven buy the commercial side of the club it ****s me off !!

Im so suprised people are happy about another Memorial kit !!!

Qoute back to my previous posts about this subject !!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Sownak27 said:
SECONDED !!

You must therefore be ****ed off they screwed everyone by not telling them it was a one season kit .

People will stop buying them for there kids soon United are playing a naughty game with the fans !

All the ****ing day trippers will buy in there thousands though at the built up pre season friendlys when they have the reserve team parade the Trophys again !!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
RedForceRising said:
??

red dave, this is another one of your exaggerated reactions that I'm failing to understand.

Which post are you referring to on this thread that shows that (in your own words) "some of the fans on here are so ****ing driven buy the commercial side of the club it ****s me off !!" ??

It was a statement that some fans are took in by the whole commercial side of the club that wasnt anything to do with another post it was its own statement.

Let me put more simple mate I think fans who live local to the club are held to ransom . Kids at schools get the mickey taken for having the old kits so they have to have the new ones.

That an example parents are forced to buy them for there kids the rule was 2 seasons for each kit ! they have broken that rule with memorial kits for the last 3 years if you cant see this you must be blind.

In my opinion its wrong .

Redforcerising you can buy all the kits you like mate and be happy but you dont live in manchester and your 5 year old wont be doing your head in to buy him or her the new away and Home kit this summer which isnt cheap.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Dave,

it's perfectly fine for you to have that opinion, but that not what you wrote is it?

You clearly wrote:
"For gods sake some of you fans are a joke who get taken for mugs by the clubs money all the time !!"

I'm thinking - have I missed something? So I go back and read the responses. It 's keano and me saying the club is doing it to get money. Nothing more nothing less. then there's some statements about preference.

I personally liked the Black away kit and scottsati's post saying that the players from that early era of United's history don't get recognition.

Yeah, it's obvious the club is milking it's history to sell more shirts, but nobody on this thread said "Oooh... I'm gonna get me that one ASAP". or anything like that.

So can you just state your opinion without dissing people from this forum, who didn't even deserved to be dissed, because they didn't saying anything.

You are right to bitch about the shirt policies. You are correct.

But to talk about "the ppl on here" when nobody said anything is clearly wrong and delusional.

Ok mate ;)

I just have passion for the club and I think the new regime is screwing the fans time and time again.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
that umbro shirt with the stadium init was the best shirt weve ever had imo i loved that kit never took it off as a kit.. love to know where it went

i also liked the one i think in 98 when it had the zip on the front and the umbro logo running down the arms that was class

and as for these new kits i think respect does has to be shown to the legendary players but they may be milking it slightly but i suppose we need the cash although i do understand what people say about there kids wanting the new kits etc

I have a daughter and a young Nephew and both will want the new kits for P.E and I will buy them for them because thats just the way I am .

But its wrong isnt it 2 year life span my arse !!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Personally I like the shirts and I like buying them and wearing them with pride.
even if it is a 'scam' to sell more, then who cares? They dont force you to buy it do they?
I buy the ones I like, its simple.

So in that case my mate who I used to work with has 3 sons and a daughter !

He would have to pay out over £200 pounds a season on kits based on the fact they change 2 a season now Jazz !!

That is a totally selfish opinion !

Kids moan to there parents like mad for these kits I know because my daughter likes them and she is 5 !!

And she is a girl lads are worse for football arnt they .

My nephew gets them all and when they got rid of the black one what he got for christmas he had been wearing it 4 months is that fair ?

No it aint !!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
IanDangerously said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current home shirt was released in July 2007, so it has been used for two seasons. This will replace it in July 2009, and will cease being used in May 2011.
That is the rules but United seem to break them by make a memorial kit and a memorial is for 1 year therefore a one year kit!!!

Add to that the blue away is a memorial kit and has to go this summer and you have another 2 kit changes this summer !!!

Its a joke !!

Read my other posts I dont want to talk about it anymore the ****ing club is a joke !!!

They know how to push out the old fans !

I think if people had a arse they would wear the away or home kits that have been kept for one year and not buy the new one just to **** off the club.

I wouldnt put it past United to stop people going in the ground in the old kits to make people buy the new ones !!

Ok they wouldnt do that but Im just using a example!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Whats wrong with putting something on the ****ing shirt like a black armband round the arm !!!!

Why rip us off again its a load of ****ing bull**** !!!

1 season kits that all they want!!

Barcelona change there's every year home and away !

I found this out how ? Because I went to the Nou camp in June no new kit out just pictures of the one I bought !! Nice top aswell 60 euro's with Ronaldinho on the back . No sign or anything to say new tops coming out !. Gets home Im back a about 2 weeks sure as hell internet advertising the new kit ! Mine was the old one 2 weeks LOL!! not even any discount these clubs are creaming everyone!

I was close to tears still wear it for training like but I was sick as a dog !!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
thekeanefella said:
:eek: yeah you should get a discount because your a local and a proper red :rolleyes:
us overseas fans dont like getting ripped off either , or the suggestion we should pay more because we are daytrippers or we dont spend money on the club every week:rolleyes:
Keanefella Im mean America and Asia they enjoy the kits more because there is less pressure to buy them over there so they enjoy the gimmick !

Sorry if it sounded out of order !

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
piazza said:
Yes, but all of us intelligent ones, just buy the ones from bestway4you. Most of the Asian market, are counterfeits, that are sold on the street.

I love it when you see United in asia and you clock loads of fans asking for the most fake football tops youve ever seen to be signed lol!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts