Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
United edge into semi-finals

United's youngsters have reached the semi-finals of the Champions Youth Cup in Malaysia after overcoming Barcelona.

Reserves skipper Kieran Lee - one of only two squad members with First Team experience - was the only goalscorer in a keenly contested game against the Catalan side.

Academy Manager Brian McClair and Youth Coach Andy Welsh watched on in Kuala Lumpur, as the Reds turned in a steady performance in keeping with the fine form shown throughout the prestigious tournament so far.

The Reds will now face Flamengo in Friday's first semi-final, after the Brazilians narrowly overcame PSV Eindhoven in their quarter-final earlier on Wednesday.

Erick Bonfian struck the winner for the Rio de Janeiro side in the final minute of the last eight clash, sealing a dramatic passage into the semi-finals.

The winner of the first semi will face either Juventus or AC Milan in Sunday's final, while the loser will playoff for third spot against the loser of the all-Italian tie - also on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
good to see kieran lee on the scoresheet this kid lives not far from me and drinks in the pubs i go in and my mum and dad know his mum and dad.

this kid has got so much talent and coulkd make it the only problem is with all his talent he's not really into football (which is total madness in my eyes) he looks on his career as a job. wish i could swap with him :0)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Macheda grabs a dream debut for u-18s

Fredrico Macheda got off to a great start to life on the football pitch with United U-18s against Barnsley. The 16 year old Italian who arrived from Lazio earlier in the summer netted in the 50th minute to give United u-18s victory over Barnsley.

United :

Amos; McCormack (Moffatt, 70), C.Evans, Gill, Dudgeon; Welbeck, Eikrem, Drinkwater, Bryan (Norwood, 70); Macheda, Stewart (Derbyshire, 80).
Subs not used: Brandao, Curran.

Good start for the Italian youngster, Hopefully United will hold on to this one if he turns out good enough!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My schedule actually just changed this week, I'm off on thurs/fri now.

We just have a lot of sunday games, which is shit for me :p

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Watched the Academy playing Wolves on MUTV earlier. I wonder if they have been watching too much of the senior team?

Defensively quite solid but midfield went walkabout a few times, allowing too much space and the forwards kept trying to get that little extra touch instead of smacking it. Wolves defenders coped quite well considering its months since their last win. United won 3-1 by the way.

Great bit of sportsmanship from Galbraith (I think) - Wolves defender down in area, obviously badly knocked, open goal to hit and he tapped it out of play for a goal kick so the defender could get some medical attention. Well applauded by the spectators.

Brandao looks useful - a mini version of Anderson.

Man Citeh top the Academy League with 44 points and United in 6th with 31 points.

In the reserves league Sunderland top with 16 points (maybe they should be the ones playing in the Premiership?). United are one place below Citeh in 6th.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts