Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hull have moved for manucho now we will see how good he is !!

Hull City have agreed a deal to sign Manchester United striker Manucho on loan for the rest of the season.

Manucho has yet to make an impact at Old Trafford since signing for the Premier League champions 12 months ago.

He spent the second half of last term on loan at Panathinaikos as he waited to secure a work permit to play for United.

The Angolan clinched a work permit at the start of this season and has so far made three substitute appearances for Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

The imposing forward will now be given the chance to build up his experience of English football by seeing out the season at the KC Stadium.

City boss Phil Brown will be hoping Manucho can emulate the impact made by Fraizer Campbell, who spent most of last term on loan from United

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
if it all goes through think this is a massively positive move for all concerned, would love to see this happen would help him no end

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Hopefully Manucho will get some game time now. If he succeeds, then this move will be beneficial to Hull and United. Who knows? we might just end up saving a lot of money on a backup striker.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Great move for Manucho, well done Phil Brown. I think by completing this move he will gain that vital knowledge of the Premiership he needs.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
He definitely needs the games and it would be good to see him getting Premier League experience. A good move imo.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
scottsati said:
if it all goes through think this is a massively positive move for all concerned, would love to see this happen would help him no end
Exactly!

It's a good move all around and he should get games. This will give Fergie a chance to see him against Prem defenders without taking the risk.

To me this says something about the pecking order at OT though.

Welbeck stays and Manucho goes out on loan. To me this would indicate Welbeck is the dinfinite 4th choice.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Manucho needs time on the pitch to improve himself, and i can`t see him havin `nuff chance with the present team, so yeh def ; a great move for his own sake and ours.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Exactly!

It's a good move all around and he should get games. This will give Fergie a chance to see him against Prem defenders without taking the risk.

To me this says something about the pecking order at OT though.

Welbeck stays and Manucho goes out on loan. To me this would indicate Welbeck is the dinfinite 4th choice.
not sure how its working really especially with campbell at spurs aswell...think its great that our young strikers will actually be gettin time on the pitch at premier league level rather than warming the bench and coming on here and there. its still going to take a lot though to come through and oust the likes of rooney etc and will be harder still to be in that company if we either sign tevez or if that doesnt happen we'll bring in a massive name.

would like to see one of the young lads grasp the opportunity and make the most of it and force there way into that company

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
will be intresting to see how he gets on! good move for all parties imo hope he takes advanage of his chance and shos that he wasnt bought just to build up a fan base in africa

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
we'll see what he's made of now, this loan spell is his trial, if he bangs in a few goals he'll be given a real chance next season... if he cant get into the Hull side, it'll be back to Angola!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
scottsati said:
not sure how its working really especially with campbell at spurs aswell...think its great that our young strikers will actually be gettin time on the pitch at premier league level rather than warming the bench and coming on here and there. its still going to take a lot though to come through and oust the likes of rooney etc and will be harder still to be in that company if we either sign tevez or if that doesnt happen we'll bring in a massive name.

would like to see one of the young lads grasp the opportunity and make the most of it and force there way into that company
It would fill me with great joy, if our young strikers at Hull and Spurs come on against our rivals and score against them! :D

That would be unbelievably sweet.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
depends if he gets the games really. if he does then great move. if he just sits on the bench then not good. be good to see him pair with king tho, they could make a good partnership up top

·
Registered
736 Posts
Manucho loan to Hull

Sir Alex has confirmed Angolan striker Manucho has joined Hull City on loan until the end of the season.

The 25-year-old, who signed for the Reds in December 2007, made his first-team debut against Middlesbrough in the Carling Cup earlier this season.

He’s since made three appearances from the bench for the senior side, while four starts in the Reserves this term have yielded one goal.

Manucho joins a Hull City side currently eighth in the league and struggling for form. After a strong start to the season, the Tigers have won just one of their last 12 league games.

This is the second loan spell in Manucho’s United career. Shortly after signing for the Reds, the tall, powerful striker joined Greek side Panathinaikos where he scored four times.

manutd.com

Will he get more chance there or just for backup.....

Discuss

·
Registered
199 Posts
RedForceRising said:
It would fill me with great joy, if our young strikers at Hull and Spurs come on against our rivals and score against them! :D

That would be unbelievably sweet.
Like when Campbell helped put Liverpool out of the Carling Cup? Quality moment!! Sounded a bit like they were playing "glory glory man united" at white hart lane after the game too...!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He'll be great for Hull, big, strong, good headerer, decent finisher, bit of pace. Phil Brown should definitely think about playing him. Personally I still think Hull will go down and they are slipping towards the relegation zone, so hopefully Manucho can do something about it.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
good luck to manucho but i think the decision is crazy with rooney and tevez both carrying knocks we will need all the strikers we can get ,especially for the derby county game if we pick up more injuries we could be in s### street.
and if manucho excells at hull it will make utd a laughing stock for not giving him a start , or fergie does not rate him full stop .

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I've got a mixed reaction about this.

It will be good for him to get games. He'll be able to get used to Premiership football, and we'll be able to see how he gets on.

However, he may not get great service, and playing for Hull is entirely different to playing for United. I also think that we could have used him more than we have, and kept him, because he's different to what we have and could have offered something else.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts