Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deportivo La Coruna seek loan deal for Man Utd's Manucho tribalfootball.com - June 06, 2008

Deportivo La Coruna are keen to take Manchester United striker Manucho Goncalves on loan.

The Mirror says Manucho, who signed a three-year deal with United in January after impressing for Angola at the African Nations Cup, has spent the past five months on loan at Panathinaikos. But United fear that the 25-year-old may not get a work permit for the Premier League so are looking to loan him out again.

Deportivo, who have qualified for the UEFA Cup, told United he will be a regular.

Club president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro said: "It would be very good for his development."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=96859

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
for god sake! frustrating or what, if this is the case looks like we really will have to splash the cash on a top draw forward

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Look at the souce : Tribalfootball...

And i very much doubt it is true.. He will play for the United 1st team next season!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Drew9 said:
for god sake! frustrating or what, if this is the case looks like we really will have to splash the cash on a top draw forward
Thats a bad thing??

We HAVE to splash big on a top striker.. Manucho was a gamble may or may not amount to anything either way sending him on loan should be good for him, however an English club would have been more suitable!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
well, it could have saved us 30m couldnt it mate so .. but i agree we should spend some money up front this summer regardless, benzema is very unlikey though imo, i cannot see anyone else that i'd 'love' to have at united, in the past theres been excellent strikers such as ronaldo (in his prime) now i think theres a distinct shortage of top draw centre forwards .. there seems to be an endless supply of rooney or tevez's type of play around europe but as far as a target man goes there aren't many that would be united class which is a shame as we need this type of player :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
i think he can be a star coz in ol honesty fair enough benzeama and then have talent but no experience so the notion of proven is ridaculous if those are then names being put forward as "proven".looking at the past rooney had barely played 30 games for everton before we splahed out 30 mil on him.......ronaldo had jus finished his rookie season at sporting...............can any on say they had heard of ronaldo and thought he was worthy of the 7 shirt when he arrived........i feel given a fair chance he can be a success at the club......after all he out scored didier drogba at the tournament

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yes i agree Manucho wasn't really a buy he was just sort of Fergie taking a "risk" more like a punt because he was what .. 500k ? Not really going to affect the bank balance! He will still buy a big striker but i believe Manucho will be there for cover and could come in handy as a target man in certain games.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Maybe He'll go out on loan again but I'd love to give him a Chance to OT.
Maybe he can adapt oneself here and Important is that he's young.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts