Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think guys ?

Fergie vs Wenger

Slow pace vs fast pace
less creative freedom vs more creative freedom
Mentality normal vs attacking

Fergie prefers a slow pace, focus passing depends most on wings & crossing, slow building up the attack & less chances per game.

Wenger prefers a fast pace game, fast 1-2s depends most on cuting through the middle, build up the attack fast & more chances per game.

I like wenger style more but with fergie results

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is tru Wenger's style might be more appealing to fans...but fact Man U's is the most effective...and for me effectiveness wins titles not fanciness...buh our footballl in the season 06/07 was arsenal like but the thing we did was finsish the moves arsenal would have still been there trying to pass it in...so we took their style and added our own style to it and mde it better and with yopunger players cumming into our squad the pace will only get quicker and qwuicker....playin quick football lyk we did this seaosn is waht won us games....such as Bolton when we came out all guns flaring at a quick pace 3-0 within 20 mins wasnt it...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Man United and Arsenal have the best styles in the league. I wouldnt say there is a big difference between them and I wouldnt say that we have less creative freedom. Our front 3/4 are so interchangeable and attack with so much pace on the counter that they are so hard to play against. Wengers teams do play lovely football but they dont win as many games, they dont seem to want to shoot so subsequently they dont score as many goals as us. They finished 20 points behind us so I think that makes us the team with the "right" style.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Man United and Arsenal have the best styles in the league. I wouldnt say there is a big difference between them and I wouldnt say that we have less creative freedom. Our front 3/4 are so interchangeable and attack with so much pace on the counter that they are so hard to play against. Wengers teams do play lovely football but they dont win as many games, they dont seem to want to shoot so subsequently they dont score as many goals as us. They finished 20 points behind us so I think that makes us the team with the "right" style.
Your spot on Jazz. Q8 makes it sound like we play boring football. Some of the most attractive football last year was played by Man United. I could understand this question being asked of Chelsea v Man U or Chelsea v Arsenal because with Chelsea there is a marked difference in styles. United are, and historically have always been, an attacking attractive team to watch. Long may this continue.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only problem is when we face Arsenal, teams like portsmouth or bolton or tottenham play much better than us the only thing that makes us better is that we beat normal teams when arsenal draw & lose against them, you can see that when we play in ECL we lose easly against big teams we play good only at home while outside manchester we play like a normal team, u see us always defending.

the problem is that our style makes other teams build their attack easly we wait for them to lose a chance then we hit back.

Just watch the match against Arsenal in Oldtrafford you can see what I mean we lack against big teams thats the problem of our style

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You might have a bit of a point there Q8. Arsenal did do the double over us this season. We didn't really perform at OT against them but I thought we played well enough at the Emirates and were very unlucky not to get anything from the game.
As for Liverpool we did the double over them and got two draws against Chelsea so you cant say we lose easily against the big teams.
Every year we will always lose a couple against the big teams because they are the big teams. Its impossible to win every game in a season and when we play the big teams we have to adapt our style because they are far more dangerous than the average team. So on a whole I still think we have the best style and have played the most attractive football this season.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have to improve our style of play all what I`m pointing at is to be faster, building counter attacks fast thats the way to beat the big teams in europe with nani & anderson I think we will be faster we don`t have to pass the keeper 20 times a match. we don`t have to leave spaces for the other teams look at the ECL final (Liverpool vs Milan) we felt that kaka wasn`t playing until the liverpools late mistake when they gave him the space liverpool where better in that match I believe they lost by that late free kick they played well & killed kaka all the way tell the second goal while our slow pace & spaces in our area gave him the advantage that is my opinion guys we all want ManUTD to be the best & I`m not satisfied yet.

As for Chelsea & liverpool matches actualy we did play well home against L`pool but the away match was all the way to liverpool thanks for the late goal by O`shea.

The home match against chelsea we played the first half good but they were better in the second & you can not count on the away match believe me if chelsea had a chance to win the league we won`t get even a point out of stamford bridge

By the way i`m a United fan since 94 & proud of what manutd achieved in all those years

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Yes, your right about Kaka and the space we left. United are far more attack minded than Liverpool and thats why we leave the space. Its the sacrifice we make to play attractive flowing fotball. Liverpool are so defensive its very boring to watch. You do have to give them credit for being very good defensively. With the likes of Carragher in there and Mascherano there to protect the back 4 they are hard to break down but they are horrible to watch in fairness. We were unlucky with inuries to our main defenders against Milan. When our back 4 are fully fit and with Hargreaves in there to do the dirty work and the protective work we will be very very hard to stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts