Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A huge slug was seen slithering around Manchester today going under the name of a well known junkie:

Madonna :p

Sorry Maradona

Bugger even polluted Carrington :mad:

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I don't really know. Should i remove them?

Just curious RD, how do i know if the pics are copyrighted or not?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
**** thread. The guy is a legend. Im sure EVERY United player was delighted he showed up.
Best player world has ever seen.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
i have a mixed feeling about this

i like Maradona for being a brilliant footballer but i hate him for his drugs addiction

tho am happy cuz hes at Carrington as hes the role model of some players like Tevez and Ronaldo and most of the team would be happy to meet him

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
red devil jeff said:
I don't really know. Should i remove them?

Just curious RD, how do i know if the pics are copyrighted or not?
Usually if you "copy" them from another site your doing two things:

1. The images are not yours to copy and

2. Your committing bandwidth theft because WE use their bandwidth to view the images. They should be photobucket'ed if not copyright, because photobucket is made for this purpose.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Red Devil said:
Usually if you "copy" them from another site your doing two things:

1. The images are not yours to copy and

2. Your committing bandwidth theft because WE use their bandwidth to view the images. They should be photobucket'ed if not copyright, because photobucket is made for this purpose.
Oh ok. Thanks for the info.

But that still doesn't explain how to identify copyrighted images.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
**** the drugs.... he was still the best player to play the game!!!!
Legend aint the word....... GOD!!!
I wish i could have seen him in his hayday

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
**** the drugs.... he was still the best player to play the game!!!!
Legend aint the word....... GOD!!!
I wish i could have seen him in his hayday
you should have catched some maradona at your childhood you are 23 :confused:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Late 80's i mean..... i was born in 1985 abo!!!
86 was the hand of god year i think.... thats when he was at his best!
94 was his last world cup, i was still only 9.... i didn't see him at all!!

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Maradonna is a Legend. He is the greatest player this world has ever seen. And the United players were probably delighted to see him.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Maradona visits United

Manchester United's players were given a lift ahead of their Premier League game against Arsenal when Diego Maradona visited them at their training ground.

The new Argentina coach is visiting clubs in England to meet up with some of the key players in his national squad.

Maradona had a conversation with United's Argentina striker Carlos Tevez but also made a big impact on the rest of Alex Ferguson's squad, including Rio Ferdinand who received a signed shirt from the 1986 World Cup winner to mark his 30th-birthday.

"We were like schoolkids really, around a star coming to school," England defender Ferdinand said.

"He came and watched us train and I think the gaffer would probably like him to come every day the way he raised standards in the training. Everyone was trying to impress him.

"I hope he will go back to Argentina and say he's seen a great player - Rio Ferdinand!"

Ferdinand added that Maradona had been one of his inspirations when he started to play football as a youngster in London.

"He is one of my heroes, if not the shining beacon when I was a kid. I had all his videos and he was the player everyone wanted to be," he said.

"You can't hold him in higher esteem than that so to be able to shake his hand, get a cuddle of him and a picture - it made my birthday."

Ferguson, preparing his third-placed team to face fourth-placed Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday, welcomed Maradona's visit.

"He came out and he was good. He met all the players and the players were all delighted," he said.

"It's arguable of course who is the best player in the world but in terms of the best two or three he's without doubt in there. To make that choice everyone has different opinions but he was a marvellous player."

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
he has had his problems and its a shame his image has been tarnished in this way.
drugs aside he was simply majestic on the pitch.
truly a flawed genius, i for one think he is the greatest player to have graced a football pitch.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
maradona is easily the best player i have seen in 40 years , he might have been a cheat but there are a number of them playing in the premiership today mate and one or two play for utd .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Maradona was absolutely NOT a cheat in my opinion, so he took drugs! i know players who play in the league now who have taken them! playing for Bolton!! and they say he took performance enhancing drugs? i dont believe for a second, this guy stood up to those gangsters at Fifa and they simply got back at him by trying to ruin him.! how could anyone could call him anything but the greatest most talented footballer of all time i know. This man who is a midget, made football a beautiful beautiful art form, perfect balance and a low centre of gravity, i was lucky to see him play in the world cup in 86 mexico! They go on an on about this hand of God, whats the difference between what he did and what hundreds of divers do today? nothing! even if he didnt do that hand of God goal, he would have destroyed england on his own anyway!absolutely no player has come near him in terms of pure techinal ability. Pele was probably a better all round player but in ability terms, i think maradona was one in a million.

Z

·
0 Posts
I don't think there was ever a suggestion that he took performance enhancing
drugs. He was always known for recreational drugs i.e. cocaine.

He truly is a legend of the game and the gretest player to ever have graced us
with his performances.

I rank him better than Pele because he played abroad and was amazing
everywhere he went. He won Serie A for Napoli almost single handedly. Pele
never stepped a foot outside of Brazil, where the quality of football is way
below European standard.

I've watched the game that features the 'hand of god' moment and his
performance in that game (aside from the hand ball) was one of the best
performances I've ever seen. the way he just glided past players as if he
was playing a team of kids playing Sunday league was awe inspiring. He
looked like he could have walked through England's defence any time he
wanted to, and eventually he did, scoring one of the finest individual goals
of all time.

99.9% of players have cheated at one point or another, so let's not attempt
to ruin the legend of a man based on one moment of madness.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.