Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
cantos red army said:
when we played all three of them together we got beat by liverpoo fergies not going to chance it again and anyway with a 4-3-3 formation we will have no balance in the side! that only works when you have 3 central midfilders and 2 wide men supporting a alone striker
Plus I can't see where Ronaldo fits in, unless he's sold.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
if we keep him, we are just becoming as bad as chelsea from a few seasons back with a bench full of regular internationals but they bought players just to have quality in reserve. Examples include SWP and Wayne Bridge.

By us keeping Tevez cos of his loyalty aint thinking for the good of either parties.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
The only way to fit all 4 of em in is like this:

--------------Tevez--------------Berbs
----------------------Rooney
LW-------------------------------Ronaldo
----------------DM

We don't have a defensive midfielder who's that good to balance out that attack force. I'm not sure there's one in the world who's capable of it to be fair.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
manutd004 said:
Plus I can't see where Ronaldo fits in, unless he's sold.
eactly the only formation it could possibly fit in all tevez rooney berba and ronaldo is:

carrick hargreaves *(or whoever but two holding midfilders)

ronaldo rooney tevez

berba

and evn that formation is dodgey as it doesnt give us real idth because tevez isint a winger so theres no way we coulp play that formation imo(unless you try it in football manager :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
versa said:
It is indeed sad to see such a huge talent and Die Hard so wanting much to be involved for United but keep having to warm up the bench instead. Cutting a forlorn figure, looking unhappy, frustrated and so longing for action as an almost perpetual sub only add to the anguish for him.

Think we all know it is not realistic or fair for Tevez, being Tevez, to continue much longer in this current situation which does not look likely to be changed any time soon barring injuries or suspensions; touch wood. He is not a Wellbeck or Campbell still learning their trade but a recognised full-fledge Argentinian national player and one of their hugely talented stars, who is capable of walking into almost all the clubs' First XI in any part of the world.

But for now, the Rooney-Berbatov combo looks like the de facto first choice for Fergie and also the likely choice for the majority of fans alike. His limited play time on the pitch has probably resulted in him being so insecure, short of confidence and self belief that whenever he has the rare opportunity, all he probably thinks of is how to try and work harder than his utmost best to impress Fergie for the next selection. I suspect this unfortunately makes matters worse this season with the arrival of Berbatov, compromising his cutting edge and dulling his imagination.

And it does not help that it takes more than 30 million in all to make his loan deal a permanent one. Talks out there are that United are wavering on the figures and thus reluctant to assure him of his future most unambigiously. Plus rumours of Fergie lusting after Benzema. This could have added to his further sense of insecurity and frustration, and hence manifested the recent outbursts or more likely though, just mere lamentations.

Now that the Godfather has openly voiced his advice, which we surely can't fault if we put ourselves in his shoes, chances are he may just have to walk. I am also beginning to wonder if that act of love and allegiance by the touchline in the Chelsea game could well be his manner of saying goodbye?
I think a bit of both in regards to the last line.

When I throw my mind back to the the start of 07/08, I remember being excited at the signing of Tevez. I had been checking manutd.com several times a day duringthe summer, as has been my practise for years and I could not believe my eyes - the confirmation that we had signed him.

I printed out three copies, one each for the United fans in the office and was genuinely excited.

Fast-forward to this summer and everything looked fine and dandy. Even after Berba's transfer David Gill was saying the next order of business to wrap up the Tevez deal.

But it was not to be.

Truth be told, even though I was so excited when we signed him, I've never completely felt that he was the right player for us, not because of his lack of quality, but because of his short stature and style.

His fighting and late goals slowly won me over though, but at the start of this season, e
ven though he was our form player from august to September, the goals seemed to dry up.

And let's not kid ourselves, that's what he's there for.

It's been a string of bad luck and ill-fate for Tevez since then and I think it's right for him to move on.

He deserves first team football and would be perfect as a number 10 behind a classic centre forward, but with Wayne Rooney around and Berba's skills, it's not going to happen here.

Yes, I said many times that he would get the games, but he's not getting the meaningful games The ones you dream of, the ones you want to shine in.

Last season he announced himself to the old Trafford faithful with a goal against Chelsea, this season in the same fixture, I have a strong feeling he said goodbye with a clap and a wave.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Maradona is the head coach for Argentina, so obviously he wants his top players
playing regular first team football. Looks like tevez will go and Ill be sad to see him
go, cos he is a top player, but we gotta look at the whole situation including the cost.

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
When I throw my mind back to the the start of 07/08, I remember being excited at the signing of Tevez. I had been checking manutd.com several times a day duringthe summer, as has been my practise for years and I could not believe my eyes - the confirmation that we had signed him.

I printed out three copies, one each for the United fans in the office and was genuinely excited.

Truth be told, even though I was so excited when we signed him, I've never completely felt that he was the right player for us, not because of his lack of quality, but because of his short stature and style.

His fighting and late goals slowly won me over though, but at the start of this season, e
ven though he was our form player from august to September, the goals seemed to dry up.

And let's not kid ourselves, that's what he's there for.
I know what you mean and shared the initial excitement too.

The Tevez I first knew was a very direct attacking forward that cut like a knife through hot butter. Full of mesmerising runs and dribbles into the box and... scores.

To be perfectly honest, not exactly what we hope for here in United colours, isn't it? Not sure if it is our system of play or the type of players we have that culminated to him working hard around the box without much cutting edge, if you know what I mean. Although his total commitment, unparalleled work rate (perhaps only Park has the energy and fitness to match him) and swashbuckling style on the pitch won the fans over and surely added his name to the folklore.

I wish him well if he chooses to leave. For his stature and international career, he does need first team football instead of standing by as a sub or a supersub which is of no comfort at all. And I don't see how he can replace Rooney or Berbatov at the moment.

·
Registered
734 Posts
As much as i love Tevez for what he did for us last season, he just is NOT worth 32 million, we would be the bigger fools to pay that. Tevez is a work horse simple as, he will never be a clinical finisher but will work all day for you just take for example Dirk Kuyt is he worth anywhere near 32 million not a hope, i know Tevez is a lot better but they are just work horses and we already have 2 at united with Park and Rooney who is a lot better a finisher aswell.

As i said as much as i love him i think his time at United is up and i wish him well wherever he ends up.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
versa said:
I know what you mean and shared the initial excitement too.

The Tevez I first knew was a very direct attacking forward that cut like a knife through hot butter. Full of mesmerising runs and dribbles into the box and... scores.

To be perfectly honest, not exactly what we hope for here in United colours, isn't it? Not sure if it is our system of play or the type of players we have that culminated to him working hard around the box without much cutting edge, if you know what I mean. Although his total commitment, unparalleled work rate (perhaps only Park has the energy and fitness to match him) and swashbuckling style on the pitch won the fans over and surely added his name to the folklore.

I wish him well if he chooses to leave. For his stature and international career, he does need first team football instead of standing by as a sub or a supersub which is of no comfort at all. And I don't see how he can replace Rooney or Berbatov at the moment.
Exactly. It is also partly our play that has stifled him. If you look at a compilation of goals he scred while he was at West Ham, you see much more direct movement of him in the box.

Now' i see him mostly in midfield running in circles.

Boomhauer50 said:
As much as i love Tevez for what he did for us last season, he just is NOT worth 32 million, we would be the bigger fools to pay that. Tevez is a work horse simple as, he will never be a clinical finisher but will work all day for you just take for example Dirk Kuyt is he worth anywhere near 32 million not a hope, i know Tevez is a lot better but they are just work horses and we already have 2 at united with Park and Rooney who is a lot better a finisher aswell.

As i said as much as i love him i think his time at United is up and i wish him well wherever he ends up.
I would say Tevez is much better than Kuyt, but you are right, the price tag does not seem justified to me.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I would say Tevez is much better than Kuyt, but you are right, the price tag does not seem justified to me.
The thing is i think, the only mistake on our part is to agree with the price they set up for tevez upon wanting to sign him permanently earlier when he joined us. 32M to be in his position currently where he has two other strong strikers to compete with, i can understand why Sir Alex took this long to negotiate. But it isnt Tevez fault tbh and im sorry he ended up becoming the victim of the huge price tag. As much as i want him to stay, i not going to see us paying for that amount after what we paid for Berba. Hopefully they can come with out with something that can make everyone happy, tevez especially cause he deserved it.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
babysenorita said:
The thing is i think, the only mistake on our part is to agree with the price they set up for tevez upon wanting to sign him permanently earlier when he joined us. 32M to be in his position currently where he has two other strong strikers to compete with, i can understand why Sir Alex took this long to negotiate. But it isnt Tevez fault tbh and im sorry he ended up becoming the victim of the huge price tag. As much as i want him to stay, i not going to see us paying for that amount after what we paid for Berba. Hopefully they can come with out with something that can make everyone happy, tevez especially cause he deserved it.

I'd keep tevez, if his salary is less than 8ok and his price tag excluding his salary is 15million pound. Seeing as we've paid between 6 and 10mil for him for his laon so far, I think that is a fair amount.

The problem is that he is not only owned by Kia Jorabchian, there are few investors that "own" his registration and they are just fronted by Kia, so each one of them want a good return on their investment.

It takes two hands to clap.

Seriously, at this point, I'd rather spend 10 to 15 mil on someone like Santa Cruz or spend heavily n someone like David Villa or Benzema.

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
RedForceRising said:
I'd keep tevez, if his salary is less than 8ok and his price tag excluding his salary is 15million pound. Seeing as we've paid between 6 and 10mil for him for his laon so far, I think that is a fair amount.

The problem is that he is not only owned by Kia Jorabchian, there are few investors that "own" his registration and they are just fronted by Kia, so each one of them want a good return on their investment.

It takes two hands to clap.

Seriously, at this point, I'd rather spend 10 to 15 mil on someone like Santa Cruz or spend heavily n someone like David Villa or Benzema.

HOLY SH1T..:eek: Do you think we've shelled out that much for him already.??!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Diego Maradona is an interfering pillock who has no right to involve himself in Tevez' dealings.

On another note, I hope FIFA are putting measures in place to prevent players' contracts being owned by any third party outside of their actual club in future to prevent this kind of ridiuclous money-spinning extortion racket from ever occuring again.

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
IanDangerously said:
It should be down to Carlos to make the choice as to where he wants to go. He's a big boy, he's perfectly capable of thinking for himself.
I agree, i s'pose Maradona has put an ultimatium to him saying get first team football or you're outta the Argentine squad.
Maradona is just doing his job.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
IanDangerously said:
On another note, I hope FIFA are putting measures in place to prevent players' contracts being owned by any third party outside of their actual club in future to prevent this kind of ridiuclous money-spinning extortion racket from ever occuring again.
I doubt they will be, because I think Fifa see nothing wrong with third paty owned contracts.

I might be wrong, but I think that's the case unfortunately.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,939 Posts
Tevez IMO should quite simply be starting. I think he's better than Rooney and MUCH better than Berbatov. He was one of the main reasons for our success last season and I can't believe we're going to jeopradise it over an overrated lazy ***** like Dimitar Berbatov!

Tevez is a great player.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
TheFutureIsAnderson said:
Tevez IMO should quite simply be starting. I think he's better than Rooney and MUCH better than Berbatov. He was one of the main reasons for our success last season and I can't believe we're going to jeopradise it over an overrated lazy ***** like Dimitar Berbatov!

Tevez is a great player.
Tevez just missed a one on one situation against Kirkland and it was Berbatov's brilliant header who set him up for that chance.

That over-rated lazy Berbatov brings much, much more to United than Tevez ever will.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts