Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat 1 Fulham (A) 3-0
Sat 15 Derby County (A) 1-0
Wed 19 Bolton (H) 2-0
Sun 23 Liverpool (H) 3-0
Sat 29 Aston Villa (H) 4-0

Another month without conceding a league goal; this has got to be one of the best defences in the Premiership of all time!!!

We also had:

September:

Sat 1 Sunderland (H) 1-0
Sat 15 Everton (A) 1-0

Wed 19 Sep Sporting (A) CL 1-0
Sun 23 Chelsea (H) 2-0

Sat 29 Birmingham City (A) 1-0

January

Tue 1 Birmingham City (H) 1-0
Sat 5 Aston Villa (A) FA Cup 3 2-0
Sat 12 Newcastle (H) 6-0
Sat 19 Reading (A) 2-0
Wed 30 Portsmouth (H) 2-0

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yeah shows how good our defence really is, although its a bit annoying we conceding in both these really good months in the cups ! Oh well what a defence.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Great, it only proves how mean & stingy our defence is when we're up against the rest of the teams. Rock on Red Devils! I hve gotta' say this actually the best defence in the world of planet football in the past 15 years! ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Definitely the best defence ever in the Prem.
Im sure they will concede the least in a season.
Another nice stat is that todays was the 10th time this season
that United scored 4 or more goals in a game.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
if we dont concede any goals from now on, we would break or equal(not sure about this) chelsea's record of least goals conceded in a season!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Great, heard that before somewhere after the match against Villa was played.

Barclays English Premiership:

6 October 2007 Wigan Athletic H 4 Р0 T̩vez 54', Ronaldo (2) 58', 76', Rooney 82'

20 October 2007 Aston Villa A 4 – 1 Rooney (2) 36', 44', Ferdinand 45', Giggs 75'

27 October 2007 Middlesbrough H 4 Р1 Nani 3', Rooney 33', T̩vez (2) 55', 85'

8 December 2007 Derby County H 4 Р1 Giggs 41', T̩vez (2) 45', 61', Ronaldo 90'

26 December 2007 Sunderland A 4 – 0 Rooney 20', Saha (2) 30', 85' (pen.), Ronaldo 45'

12 January 2008 Newcastle United H 6 Р0 Ronaldo (3) 49', 70', 88', T̩vez (2) 55', 90', Ferdinand 85'

23 February 2008 Newcastle United A 5 – 1 Rooney (2) 25', 80', Ronaldo (2) 45', 56', Saha 90'

29 March 2008 Aston Villa H 4 Р0 Ronaldo 16', T̩vez 33', Rooney (2) 53', 70'

FA Cup:

16 February 2008 Round 5 Arsenal H 4 – 0 Rooney 16', Fletcher (2) 20', 74', Nani 38'

Uefa Champions League:

23 October 2007 Dynamo Kyiv A 4 – 2 Ferdinand 10', Rooney 18', Ronaldo (2) 41', 68' (pen.)

7 November 2007 Dynamo Kyiv H 4 Р0 Piqu̩ 31', T̩vez 37', Rooney 76', Ronaldo 88'

It's actually 11 times! 8 in the Premiership, 1 in the FA Cup & 2 in the Champions League! Get in there lads!! ;) :D :p

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yangch0000 said:
if we dont concede any goals from now on, we would break or equal(not sure about this) chelsea's record of least goals conceded in a season!!
Sir Matt Busby once said in reply to a reporters question about conceding goals.

"It does not concern me how many we concede, because I know my lads can double it at the other end"

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Red Devil said:
Sir Matt Busby once said in reply to a reporters question about conceding goals.

"It does not concern me how many we concede, because I know my lads can double it at the other end"
nice quote, but i think the great Sir Matt Busby might think differently if he is in the modern game:p

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This defensive record is with the likes of Kusczak in goal I would remind people. A few fans wanted him out at the beginning and during the season. Not bad eh?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
This is amazing really...we used to have such an error prone defence...slivestre and brown did lack concentration at crucial times in the game and rio too at times as well and o'shea was like average (maybe still is but his versitility is awsome) and we used to concede quite a fair bit and also we used to lose important games we should have in the bag in the EPL like 1-0 vs pompey or 1-0 vs wolves because of defensive mistakes which in the long run cost us the EPL title imo...the defence as long as the goalkeeping was a huge task which Fergie had to improve and he has finally done it and the stats prove that! They are solid, consistant, and don't concede stupid goals and that is why we will do the double and win the EPL and CL! Remember the best form of attack is to defend well and that is what we are doing...if we conceded stupid goals the attackers will lose confidence whereas when the keeper makes a crucial save late in the game...it encourages the attackers

Red Devil said:
This defensive record is with the likes of Kusczak in goal I would remind people. A few fans wanted him out at the beginning and during the season. Not bad eh?
Kusczak is wonderful cover for VDS and Foster is another brilliant talent which is very good to see...Kusczak's refelxes is amazing and I will always remember that penalty save on his debut vs Arsenal! :D

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
not looking good for club captain is it !

give wes a pay as you play contract as he has been great when playing for a contract

·
Registered
248 Posts
Red Devil said:

We've more than Quadrupled it!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
yangch0000 said:
You're spot on! If we do not concede any more goals till the end of the season we would equal the record of 15 goals conceded in the premier league in a season set by Chelsea in Mourinho's first season in charge.

With games against the arse and chelski coming up that would be some achievement in deed!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we have one of the strongest defence in the EPL and maybe the world....doesnt come as a big surprise to me.....rio and vidic are giant rocks in defence and they make few mistakes.....evra is great in attacking and a great player and also an important player.....brown is the weakest link in defence......if we buy a good RB then our problems are over....neville is good but we need better IMO.......other than that....we have the best defence....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts