Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd turn to Stuttgart star Gomez

Manchester United are following Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez.
German sources say along with Italian giants Juventus and AC Milan, United are also tracking the 22 year-old Germany international ahead of the summer market.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has Gomez under consideration as an alternative to No1 attacking target Karim Benzema, the Olympique Lyon forward.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i think we should use our buy back clause and buy Rossi back, he's one of the player that scores alot and surely united style... i'm afraid if we get Rossi benched or Tevez bench would be a bad idea. Maybe Karim Benzema is one of the style we need, still we need to bench of them. Tevez is a motivated player, alot of stamina. Runs around the pitch, back and forth. Still I'll go for Rossi, not because of he's former club of united, but his style matches with united

·
Registered
39 Posts
could be a good signing. would prefer Aguero, Benzema (not coming in the near future) or 16 year old Saviet or 17 year old Kroos

·
Banned
198 Posts
This Gomez chap seems with the positivistic data available, a pretty good player. Tall, quick, mobile and a good finisher. Karim has attributes that are desirable, height, pace and ability to score out of nothing. But he also has abilities that we alrady have.. I'm sure it would be a productive outfit with Benzema, but am sure we could be just as effective with a different player. Similar the attributes of Manucho and this Mario Gomez dude.

it won't be the end of the world without Benzema; we'd only rely on Rooney to help create our goals. Do people not know we have created 101 chances this season that have not gone in? if a mere 33% of the missed shorts went in then we'd be sitting pretty at the top, waiting to go further ahead of Arsenal Chavski & Co, we'd be in the Semi's of the FA CUp and AS Roma would be very uncomfortable, maybe even flash-backs of the 7-1. Fast, stylish, effective, clinical and solid.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
With Karim Benzema being priced out of a move to Old Trafford, Fergie has
apparently turned his attention to the Bundesliga and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez -
although clubs like Juventus and AC Milan are also interested in the 22 year-old
Germany international.

Here's a video compilation of his goals - nice Guns and Roses soundtrack too - let
us know if he looks like a United player in the making.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
a guy called mario gomez is a german international!! Hitler must be turning in his grave ha!!

I never rate a player on these you tube compilations, i think i saw 1 of dirk kuyt versus peter crouch or somethin which made them look world class !!

if we're interested in him he's obviously got talent!

if benzema becomes available we really need to get him, this guy is prob plan B or C!

some goal from hitzelsberger in that vid!!! (on 5 mins or so!)

thres a thread for this chap already bud!

·
Banned
198 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
With Karim Benzema being priced out of a move to Old Trafford, Fergie has
apparently turned his attention to the Bundesliga and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez -
although clubs like Juventus and AC Milan are also interested in the 22 year-old
Germany international.

Here's a video compilation of his goals - nice Guns and Roses soundtrack too - let
us know if he looks like a United player in the making.

Don't like him. He looks good in the 4th best league in the continent. Has good control of the b all and is a good finisher though. You never know, but not to my liking tbh.

Karim Benzema is going to be a Fernando Torres affair i think. 1 summer, 2 summers we're after him. Then remains to see if he comes to us or ****s off to Real Madrid or Milan instead of us. :rolleyes:

*take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!!!*

I hate French arrogance. I think we should stick with Manucho alone for one season. Then let Giggs and Scholes retire after next season.

We then won't have as many up-front options as we require and Benzema would fit in nicely here.

I've a question though. Why do the French hate England so much? Jean Aleus wotever his 3rd name is hate's dealing with british clubs, always goes for the highest bidder, prefers Real madrid negotiations and even when i saw That French Portsmouth defender who shoulder barged Cristiano off the pitch, whe questionned he had a look of borgouisse arrogance about him - like he was disgusted to speak to a british journalist.

Benzema would be a good acquisition, but, i think he needs a season or two more in French League 1. He needs to mature and understand the effects of globalisation on club football. Argentine players being the spine of Brasilian clubs. French playing in Italy, Spain and few trickling into England. he needs to understand that France never has and never will be the centre of world football.

England has and always will be the spiritual home of England. Proof is in the pudding: "goal". it means the same in every football playing country and they all have deviations from it#s original English form.

:)

Sooo, 0809 season with Manucho Scholes and Giggs. Summer 09 we see Giggs and Scholes retire. In this time Benzema improves his football ability and has more maturity than he has now. We then lodge a £32m gbp bid for him and bobs our uncle.

[jermane Defo instead anyone?]
lol

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I reckon' next season, United's trikeforce should somewhat like this

Wayne Rooney - Deep-lying Forward/Supporting Striker
Carlos Tevez - Deep-lying Forward/Supporting Striker
Manucho Goncalves - Centre-Forward/Target Man
Giuseppe Rossi - A mix of both

;)

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
chapperz said:
could be a good signing. would prefer Aguero, Benzema (not coming in the near future) or 16 year old Saviet or 17 year old Kroos
fs

FOOTBALL MANGER IS NOT REAL LIFE

eoininho said:
a guy called mario gomez is a german international!! Hitler must be turning in his grave ha!!
Watch it mate

red_devils4life said:
I reckon' next season, United's trikeforce should somewhat like this

Wayne Rooney - Deep-lying Forward/Supporting Striker
Carlos Tevez - Deep-lying Forward/Supporting Striker
Manucho Goncalves - Centre-Forward/Target Man
Giuseppe Rossi - A mix of both

;)
Where did Rossi come from?

pass_me_a_rizla said:
Don't like him. He looks good in the 4th best league in the continent. Has good control of the b all and is a good finisher though. You never know, but not to my liking tbh.

Karim Benzema is going to be a Fernando Torres affair i think. 1 summer, 2 summers we're after him. Then remains to see if he comes to us or ****s off to Real Madrid or Milan instead of us. :rolleyes:

*take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!!!*

I hate French arrogance. I think we should stick with Manucho alone for one season. Then let Giggs and Scholes retire after next season.

We then won't have as many up-front options as we require and Benzema would fit in nicely here.

I've a question though. Why do the French hate England so much? Jean Aleus wotever his 3rd name is hate's dealing with british clubs, always goes for the highest bidder, prefers Real madrid negotiations and even when i saw That French Portsmouth defender who shoulder barged Cristiano off the pitch, whe questionned he had a look of borgouisse arrogance about him - like he was disgusted to speak to a british journalist.

Benzema would be a good acquisition, but, i think he needs a season or two more in French League 1. He needs to mature and understand the effects of globalisation on club football. Argentine players being the spine of Brasilian clubs. French playing in Italy, Spain and few trickling into England. he needs to understand that France never has and never will be the centre of world football.

England has and always will be the spiritual home of England. Proof is in the pudding: "goal". it means the same in every football playing country and they all have deviations from it#s original English form.

:)

Sooo, 0809 season with Manucho Scholes and Giggs. Summer 09 we see Giggs and Scholes retire. In this time Benzema improves his football ability and has more maturity than he has now. We then lodge a £32m gbp bid for him and bobs our uncle.

[jermane Defo instead anyone?]
lol
Well said.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts