Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another one bites the dust.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol has parted company with the club after their poor start to the season.
Jol reportedly resigned before taking charge for the game against Getafe - a 2-1 defeat in the Uefa Cup.

For more information:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7063013.stm

I feel sorry for Jol. I thought he was a good manager, who was let down by his players and the directors. Saying that, in this day and age he had to get sacked. Spurs are still in the relegation zone and they let in soft goals every week. This is unacceptable for a club with Champions league aspirations.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Seems odd though. Going from a 5th place finish two years in a row to the relegation zone, with the talent they have... Latest rumour is he's going to Ajax.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Hopefully now Mr Berbatov will get nervous and run away........

..........all the way to Old Trafford :)
what's with everyone and berbatov...i'd rather martins... he outscored him last season and he was injured a lot

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I'm with you matey i don't want berba. I do want another striker but maybe someone else. Because who would start rooney and berba or rooney and tevez? I'd rather tevez. And he was told like 3 or 4 times the other day to come on in there last prem game. Imagine what would happen if he got that way with SAF! Wouldn't be good for the team! :)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
rooneyNo10 said:
I'm with you matey i don't want berba. I do want another striker but maybe someone else. Because who would start rooney and berba or rooney and tevez? I'd rather tevez. And he was told like 3 or 4 times the other day to come on in there last prem game. Imagine what would happen if he got that way with SAF! Wouldn't be good for the team! :)
Play all 3 !!!!

Neither Tevez or Rooney are out and out goal scorers - both are very good at hanging back and causing problems in attack.........and Berbatov just in front of them would be the killer blow !!!

A kind of 4-3-2-1 formation ?

Any good ?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

Any good ?
no.......i hate all other formations other than 442 for Man Utd

Leave one of them on the bench

carlyluvsunited said:

Any good ?
who would the 3 in midfield be?

that formation has no width in it either

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
what's with everyone and berbatov...i'd rather martins... he outscored him last season and he was injured a lot
Berbatov is the man. He has so much quality its frightening. Apart from Drogba he was easily the best striker in the Premiership last season. Thats not just my opinion but most peoples. He could be the last bit in the jigsaw. He would score 30 goals a season playing for us.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Play all 3 !!!!

Neither Tevez or Rooney are out and out goal scorers - both are very good at hanging back and causing problems in attack.........and Berbatov just in front of them would be the killer blow !!!

Any good ?
What ive been trying to say!
Normal back 5
----------Hargo----------
-----Roon------Tev------
Ronny--------------Nani
-----------Berba---------

Eh?
EH?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keano4taoiseach said:
I would like to see Martin Jol as Ireland manager.
Thats a possibility I hadnt even thought about. I really like Jol, thought he was a bit unlucky and let down by his players. Other than him I wouldnt mind Coppel (who ruled himself out), Jewell or even dont laugh but Ron Atkinson. Call me mad but we could do with someone like him (in the Jackie Charlton mould) :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Thats a possibility I hadnt even thought about. I really like Jol, thought he was a bit unlucky and let down by his players. Other than him I wouldnt mind Coppel (who ruled himself out), Jewell or even dont laugh but Ron Atkinson. Call me mad but we could do with someone like him (in the Jackie Charlton mould) :D

Along with Atkinson you might aswell mention the dreaded Neil Warnock.

Atkinson is an overweight, outspoken, jewelerry wearing scumbag.

His voice did sound good on the commentary though.

Martin Jol would be ideal in my opinion.

The Irish players are an honest hard-working group of lads who need a well respected and most of all experienced manager to guide them for the next few years.

btw also there's no berbatovs' to put up with in the Irish team.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I think this is perfect for Ramos.

The position Spurs are in at the moment means that their is no pressure on Ramos to finish in the top 4 and providing he dosen't completely ruin them he will have secured a second season with what I'm sure will be another nice little wage packet.

Uefa cup spot at best.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not much of a surprise, and its about time as well. I never rated Martin Jol. Yeah he's a nice guy and all but as a tactician he's quite poor. The dealings he made in the summer didnt strengthen the team really. Spurs needed better player to push forward but he just bought squad players when what spurs needed was quality match winners. Good luck fo Jol nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Justice said:
What ive been trying to say!
Normal back 5
----------Hargo----------
-----Roon------Tev------
Ronny--------------Nani
-----------Berba---------

Eh?
EH?

Times like that when you wish football was like some other sports - name 15 players on the field!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts