Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another one bites the dust.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol has parted company with the club after their poor start to the season.
Jol reportedly resigned before taking charge for the game against Getafe - a 2-1 defeat in the Uefa Cup.

For more information:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7063013.stm

I feel sorry for Jol. I thought he was a good manager, who was let down by his players and the directors. Saying that, in this day and age he had to get sacked. Spurs are still in the relegation zone and they let in soft goals every week. This is unacceptable for a club with Champions league aspirations.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
what's with everyone and berbatov...i'd rather martins... he outscored him last season and he was injured a lot
Berbatov is the man. He has so much quality its frightening. Apart from Drogba he was easily the best striker in the Premiership last season. Thats not just my opinion but most peoples. He could be the last bit in the jigsaw. He would score 30 goals a season playing for us.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keano4taoiseach said:
I would like to see Martin Jol as Ireland manager.
Thats a possibility I hadnt even thought about. I really like Jol, thought he was a bit unlucky and let down by his players. Other than him I wouldnt mind Coppel (who ruled himself out), Jewell or even dont laugh but Ron Atkinson. Call me mad but we could do with someone like him (in the Jackie Charlton mould) :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts