Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea losing to Arsenal and Liverpool with a draw against West Ham, both at home...Were are 6 point behind Liverpool with a match in hand against Fulham....Good chance for us to close the gap on top.....We improve a lot compare to last season even our record again the top four shaken a bit....We lost in both occasion against ManCity....But now positive result against them..Last season we got a draw again Portsmouth at Fratton Park, this season we win 0-1 there.Another positive result but unfortunately we got a draw again newcastle in the opening of this 08-09 season at Old Trafford...

There's a big chance for us the to retain the BPL title..Hopefully we can with retain this league title and make a clear winner this season and not like tight fight again Chelsea like last season to retain the league..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Great set of result's this weekend.

As everyone know's, we still need to play the "big" 3 at home and some pub team called man city, so if we win these home games then the title will be staying where it is.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
It was certainly a good few days for United but we still lie 3rd in the table, even if we win our game in hand. There is still a long way to go and all of the title contenders will drop more points. It could even be a tighter climax to the season this time if Liverpool last the distance.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
165 Posts
Trust SAF - we gonna retain our tittle

I don't believe ******** will ba able to resist till the end. The real danger is chuski but like they are playing i think they will crack as well.

We just need to be focused in our game and try to win all the match left.

Then in May 2009 we will celebrate again.

Man Utd once again KING OF ENGLAND 3 in a row
MAN UTD....... again KiING OF EURO4

hmmm why not once again the TREBLE WINNER

C'mon UNITED
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,303 Posts
i never expected this slip up by chelsea or liverpool , we now need to string a few wins together to let them know we are on their tails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
it was ridiculous befre that so many pundits and fans were knocking united chances of retaining or even competing for the title this year. we always start slow, have a massive amount of fixtures to fit in and had possibly the worst scheduling of matches in premier league history to contend with ( away matches after evry euro match and playing all the big teams away in the first third).
we were always going to pick up the pace with the team we have and be back in contention and with the big four having to come to OT next year the table could look very different come easter time and the run in.

as shown last night and the past couple of weeks results are now starting to turn our way as teams realise this season is going to be slightly different than past years, with teams dropping point all over the place and no one looking as if they can go the whole season without a few maor dadgy results here and there.
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Liverpool are doing what they seem to do every season. Beat big clubs but then come up short against the teams they should wipe out easily.

Playing Stoke, Wigan and West Ham at home and getting no goals aint gonna win no-one the title. My biggest shock is the lack of games Benitez gives to Babel. Too good a player to be sitting on bench and not getting regular run-outs.

I think Benitez is a good tactician but useless at man-management and the stuff that comes with being a manager of a football club. Thank god for Fergie!!!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Yeah it was a massive result because they know were catching them . Just think if we had beaten villa we would be 3 points behind liverpool now with a game hand .

Were coming and they cant stop us in the second half of the season all the big games at home .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Man_Utd_Hibees said:
Great set of result's this weekend.

As everyone know's, we still need to play the "big" 3 at home and some pub team called man city, so if we win these home games then the title will be staying where it is.
what you mean if we win them were going to win them:p its ours for the taking it always was and always is going to be ours:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
determination won us the match against city something we have missed since last season, and i think its time the lads can see this as an opertunity and get the results we need before 2nd half, we have easier matches and i think we will be top by end of december
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,605 Posts
antdevil78 said:
Liverpool are doing what they seem to do every season. Beat big clubs but then come up short against the teams they should wipe out easily.
Damn! They are even copying our style of play!! :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Red Devil said:
Damn! They are even copying our style of play!! :mad:
thats true, this season man utd will win the league because i just think man utd will do better at beating the smaller teams than what chelsea and liverpool will do. The smaller teams are tougher teams to beat, and arsenal, chelsea and liverpool have found it hard. Man utd have found it difficult to but we can score goals against these teams and if we show that determination to defend as well as get goals we should see a similar 2nd half of the season as we saw last season. But i think the 2nd half of the season will be easier becuase of new signings and the squad we have is strengthened
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,303 Posts
scottsati said:
it was ridiculous befre that so many pundits and fans were knocking united chances of retaining or even competing for the title this year. we always start slow, have a massive amount of fixtures to fit in and had possibly the worst scheduling of matches in premier league history to contend with ( away matches after evry euro match and playing all the big teams away in the first third).
we were always going to pick up the pace with the team we have and be back in contention and with the big four having to come to OT next year the table could look very different come easter time and the run in.

as shown last night and the past couple of weeks results are now starting to turn our way as teams realise this season is going to be slightly different than past years, with teams dropping point all over the place and no one looking as if they can go the whole season without a few maor dadgy results here and there.

the reason utd are trailing in the league has got absolutley nothing to do with the fixture layout its to do with the teams lacklustre performance's.
in most of these games we could have taken all the points if we were clinical in front of goal , but we took our foot off the pedal and threw the towel in .
the good news is the other teams are also dropping points and we will have the easier run in , we will surely find our usual stride in the coming weeks but i feel we must still defeat chelsea and liverpool to retain our crown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I was just waiting for a weekend like this to come along. In the space of 2 days Utd went from 4-1 with some bookies to 7-4 for the title. This speaks volumes for me. I fancy us to take 7 points from a possible 9 when the other 3 of the big 4 come to visit.
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
well said. too easy to blame the fixture list. we all have to play everyone twice home and away. look at the games against the big 3 away.

Bar the Arsenal game, we took the lead in the others and really should have then used our typical united way to nail down the three points.

this season is definitely going to be different to previous recent ones but looking at last season we only lost one of the six games against the big 3. I think that was the major factor in us winning the title and will be this season.

Its the psychological blow which is far greater than the 3 points lost. Look at Arsenal after we beat them 4-0 in FA Cup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
reddwarf said:
It was certainly a good few days for United but we still lie 3rd in the table, even if we win our game in hand. There is still a long way to go and all of the title contenders will drop more points. It could even be a tighter climax to the season this time if Liverpool last the distance.
I agree with you there is still a hell of a long way to go and we still are lying 3rd in the league. On a positive note though to have probably our toughest 4 fixtures out of the way (chelsea, arse,pool and city away) less than half way through the season and only be 3 points behind the lead (counting a win for the game in hand) is not a bad situation to be in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
great week for us.....absolutely gret....if we win our in hand match we will be 2 within chelsea and 3 within pool.......and we have finished all three of the tough top four away matches.....we have a great chance as chelsea and pool are having a dry patch right now.....not playing well and not consistent enough.....
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top