Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do on Matchday? Go to the game? go to a pub? watch it with your favourite meal? beer? gf or mates? tell us what you tend to do whilst watching a united game :)

Z

·
0 Posts
I go to the pub for every single match, unless I have a ticket of course :p

I find it more fun to watch it with 20 or so mates and a few beers rather
than sitting at home and watching it on the TV.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
-zuco- said:
I go to the pub for every single match, unless I have a ticket of course :p

I find it more fun to watch it with 20 or so mates and a few beers rather
than sitting at home and watching it on the TV.
you had me going there for a while it was only when i read about the 20 or so mates i realised it was a spoof reply :eek: :eek: :D or are they all your mates when youve had a few pints of wife beater ? alan brazil bows down at your feet . trencherman of the year

Z

·
0 Posts
haggler said:
you had me going there for a while it was only when i read about the 20 or so mates i realised it was a spoof reply :eek: :eek: :D or are they all your mates when youve had a few pints of wife beater ? alan brazil bows down at your feet . trencherman of the year
I practically live in the pub and my mate has just bought it.
There isnt a person in the pub that I don't know :p

Z

·
0 Posts
haggler said:
its not that one with the shooting outside last week is it ? its not called the jockey is it ?:eek:
You don't even know where I live Mr. Hags :rolleyes:

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
If I am at the game tend to park up near trafford Park (stopping off at the Trafford Park Hotel for a quick one). Get to ground, walk around Bishops Blaize and be amazed at the queue to get in. Then head into ground ready for team news. Place a bet on the game and then sit back and watch United conquer all.

If not at the game then watch on Sky or listen to XFM Manchester as they have all United games live.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Must have Man United kit on. Scarf if its cold or normal temp but not when boiling. Since I cannot go live I watch at home on TV with dad/mom usually or when a mate comes over and my mom cooks a feast hehe. I sometimes go to the cafe where my mates and I sit around a bong and a huge tv watching it together. And the worst is when I am at home watching it on p2p programs on my laptop because it is not on TV live alone. I also sometimes watch the game at my gf's house or she sometimes comes over (yes shes a man united fan too lol)

·
Registered
590 Posts
There's nothing like being there for real on a match day.

Things never change for me. Park on the same street with my dad, walk down towards the ground. If there is a decent game on before the match, e.g. we're playing at 3.00pm and there is a good game on at 12.45pm, I'll usually stop off at the pub and relax in there for a while and soak up the atmosphere. If not, then head towards Harry Ramsden's, grab some chips and head towards the ground. Have a drink round there for a while and a sing along before walking down to OT itself. Head round to the North Stand and Entrance N49, pull out the season ticket and bob's your uncle :). After the game it's a case of simply heading home or if there is a good game on TV, e.g. Grandslam Sunday, head back off to the pub to catch that.

Take me home, United Road :).

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Unfortunately, i live in india and cant go to OT. But I wear my lucky 'Ronaldo' 7 shirt and sit on my lucky sofa. I then get something to eat/drink.... I watch the streams for a while my laptop to watch an hour of prematch.... then watch the full game on my 42 inch plasma tv. By the time games get over, i usually celebrate with friends and call it a night.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
If I have a ticket for the game I get a train from Lancaster to Manchester Oxford Road or Deansgate and go for a couple of drinks in the City Road Inn. Then I have 1 drink in the Atlas bar (can't afford to have more than 1 in there!!!) If feeling energetic, then I make the 40 minute walk to the Trafford or, if feeling lazy, I wander back to Sainsbury's and get a taxi to the Trafford. I have another drink or two in the Trafford and then walk across the road to the burger stall and get a cheese burger with onions and eat it walking up Sir Matt Busby Way. Once inside the stadium I usually get another drink and a match programme and watch the build up on MUTV before finding my seat.

Sometimes I'll go to the game on my own and sometimes I'll be meeting up with mates in Manchester either before or after the game.

If I don't have a ticket and the game is on at the weekend I'll watch it on TV with a crate of beer and invite some people round. (If it's midweek I only drink on very special occasions). Unless it's a 3pm KO and then I'll go to the nearest pub that shows it on one of the dodgy satellite channels. If it's not on there then I just watch the scores come in on Sky Sports News and listen to it on the radio if it's on.

·
Banned
7 Posts
I try to watch most of the game on TV as I live in London and not able to get up too Old Trafford that often.

If I can't get it on normal TV I'm out in the pubs with my mates.....
Luv the game of football and for the fans supporting their team lol.... Gr8 game.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts