Manchester United Talk banner

Mats Mller Dhli

29K views 153 replies 40 participants last post by  In Rainbows 
#1 ·
I couldnt find a thread on Mats, so I made one.

Heres a little clip from him in action for Norway u-16.

Hes the number 7 ( Captain ).

YouTube - G-16: Tsjekkia - Norge 0 - 2

He played another game last night, where he scored 2 goals.
He scored a beauty aswell, dribbled a 4-5 players and knocked the ball in the bottom corner.

I`ll post it, if I can find it.

#20 ·
So we're currently have 29 official Academy players,not counted some promising schoolboys.Obviously many one will make a step up this season.And it seems Daehli is the first...

http://www.nrk.no/sport/fotball/premier_league/1.8244333?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Translated by Google:
17-year-old Mats Moller Dæhli has been moved up to Manchester United's reserve team after good performances last season.
Dæhli approaching United's first team
Mats Moller Dæhli (Photo: Eriksen, Per Aage / NTB scanpix)

Mats Moller Dæhli was named this year's academy player last season and has now moved a step closer to first team football.
Photo: Eriksen, Per Aage / NTB scanpix

17-year-old Mats Moller Dæhli has been moved up to Manchester United's reserve team after good performances last season.

Posted 7/15/2012 5:29 p.m..

Share / tips
Print

After last year's season was oslo boy named this year's Academy plays in the English big club. Now comes the reward in the form of the midfield talent has been moved up to the club's reserve team,write Dagbladet.

- I can confirm that he's moved up a notch. Whether it is permanent I do not know. We hope that it will be a mix of reserves and G18 team, and I think that it will be. He can not just have rock hard, says talent scout John Vik in Solution, which is responsible for following up the youngster.

Dæhli was brought to England for a little over a year ago. He previously played for the Lightning, and also had a short stay in Stabæk before he signed for Manchester United.
I'm astonished because of the exact of translating by Google Translate :eek:

Original article:
http://www.dagbladet.no/2012/07/15/...league/mats_dehli/manchester_united/22549863/

#23 ·
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ul/warren-joyce-impressed-by-mats-daehli.aspx

Warren Joyce admits Mats Daehli is being eased into the rigours of Reserves football.

The Norwegian midfielder is still eligible for the Academy but had a brief taste of action at a higher level last season and was involved in both Manchester United XI friendlies in Ireland this week.

Indeed, the teenager scored the only goal of the game at Longford Town and clearly caught the eye of the local journalists.

When asked about Daehli's best position at a post-match press conference in Cork, Joyce replied: "He's not an out-and-out winger but we want to take him out of the heat of things at the minute as he's physically nowhere near his maximum.

"So we ask him to take up positions where we can get the ball to him and he can do clever stuff but we don't see him as an out-and-out winger.

"He's a clever footballer. He's got talent but overdid it a little bit tonight and could've run a bit harder to get in beyond them to give them problems. He can handle the ball but he's got a lot to learn about the position. He's technically a good player, gifted with a quick brain and good mind and sees things."

#26 ·
I think the amount of talent within our youth ranks may be responsible for Sir Alex's reluctance to splash on midfielders. Before Morrison and Pogba began to have their various issues it was a factor to consider - do you spent forty million odd on Modric and in a couple of years have the likes of Pogba,Petrucci,Cole,Tunnicliffe and Morrison all agitating for chances. Even when the most famous of this bunch are gone we still look really good down the levels. So I guess SAF counted on Carrick and Fletcher to see the young boys through to see another class of '92.
Now with Daehli/Perrera coming in another round begins.

#27 ·
I don't think Pereira has showed many things for us to judge that he's more promising than the like of Rothwell,Wilson,Pearson rather than some Youtube videos.Too early to judge though.For Daehli,I really hope him to make the step up this season.Even a CC appearance may be,but won't hold much hope.Januzaj also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.