Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS Roma have completed the signing of Monaco midfielder Jeremy Menez.

Monaco confirmed that a deal for the 21-year-old had been done to end his two-year stay in the Principality.

Menez, who scored seven times in 25 games for Monaco last season, has reportedly cost Roma around £10million.

He joins Brazilian striker Julio Baptista and former Liverpool full-back John Arne Riise as new recruits for the Serie A side this summer.
Source: Sky Sports

he is young and saw him play for monaco a couple of times and is good..

the thread for him was closed so i posted a new one

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Loosing Mancini was the worst possible thing to happen to them.

Still think they're a quality outfit when in form though...

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
ive herd alot about this boy but never really seen him play much soo it should be interesting to see how well he gets on at roma, we were linked with him in jan if i memba rightly

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Mancini is getting on in years and he wasn't as good as he used to be last season. Baptista might or might not be a good buy, don't know yet.

Vucinic is awesome. Although a few people don't like his name. Yeah I don't know why either. :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Rome has done a good transfer campaign: they don't need great names because their force is in the collective.

In particular, they don't need a large number of strikerss because they play in a revolutionary way: the centre-attack is not supposed to be the finisher, but the point of referements for the insertions of midfielder..... for that reason, the role is played by TOTTI, so able in seeing all solutions and making genial assists........ scoring also lots of gols, he has known a kind of renassaince during last season

vice-Totti is VUCINIC: not as genius as him, but very technic and faster than him: he can also play beside him. Able to score too..... He may be one of the next future fooball stars.

MANCINI is not that good: he can score fantastic goals, he can win some matches by him-self........ but he's not costant during the season, and in one single match neither........ Last season didn't play at all last 3-4 months, when ROME made a fantastic final rush in the league.

Just I hope this MENEZ is not going to be that good.....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Yeah, Id agree with you about Mancini. Very overrated in my opinion.
Roma have a decent team but is it a big squad? I can only think of 7-9 players
of theirs of any note.
Ive seen Menez play a bit in the French League. He is a very good player.
Very neat and tidy, quick and direct. It all depends if he can settle in well.
Its hard to tell with some players.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Roma have a decent team but is it a big squad? I can only think of 7-9 players
of theirs of any note.
as I said, their force is in the collective.
The manager, Mr. SPALLETTI, is the best in Italy right now, even if he has not won anything important yet......... someone says is not a winner, just good for the eyes.

I don't agree: last year ROME was absolute worthy of getting the title, simply stolen by an awful Inter over-helped by referees till last week.

But give a normal player to SPALLETTI and he will make him a good one; give a good one, and he'll make him a very good one........ and so on

JUST LET'S SEE if they're able to keep at the top level another season

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
vucinic is pretty damn good player. menez i have seen a few time for monaco and he is a quality player and really young still, good buy roma :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Awesome signing for Roma which adds to their other top signings this season. 10m pounds would of been a great deal for any EPL club and I am surprised Liverpoo didnt get him and are going with Man City flop Reira instead =S

1 - 15 of 15 Posts