Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been following La Liga recently ?

Messi+ Barcelona seem to be in unstoppable and really are the team to beat in the European Cup this season

And I dont think Messi has any direct rivals for World Player / Ballon d'Or this year. He's playing on another level and has scored somewhere near 25 goals this season already...

Scary stuff!:eek: :eek:

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I beleive Messi has the potential to get right to the top in terms of legends of world football. Up there with Pele, Maradona, Best, Di Stefano ect.

The only thing that can stop him is injuries. I really hope we don't have to face him in the CL this year.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RoxiiUtd said:
Wow, it`s unbelievable the hype there is on Barca and its players on this forum :eek:
rightly so! there the team to beat in Europe this season IMO but i think if we were both on our a games we would win! i think that if we swapped leagues for a season if they came over to play here we would be doing what there doing and they would be ding wat we are grinding out wins because i think outside of the top teams in each league in Europe the prem is the best of the lot

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
cantos red army said:
rightly so! there the team to beat in Europe this season IMO but i think if we were both on our a games we would win! i think that if we swapped leagues for a season if they came over to play here we would be doing what there doing and they would be ding wat we are grinding out wins because i think outside of the top teams in each league in Europe the prem is the best of the lot
No doubt about the Premiership being the best league in the world in all aspects ..
Maltese league comes close also =P

Barca may be a strong team, and i agree with those who rightly say so.
But despite this, they were the ones whom we won, no matter how good they were and still are.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RoxiiUtd said:
No doubt about the Premiership being the best league in the world in all aspects ..
Maltese league comes close also =P

Barca may be a strong team, and i agree with those who rightly say so.
But despite this, they were the ones whom we won, no matter how good they were and still are.

it may come third behind the Irish league :p

they were a team in tranistion then though really you had messi just coming back from injury you had an out of form ronaldinho who didn't play you had an out of form etoo and Henry also! now all messi etoo and Henry are bang in form and that trio is a scary combination! it would be a dream final though us and them

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
cantos red army said:
it may come third behind the Irish league :p

they were a team in tranistion then though really you had messi just coming back from injury you had an out of form ronaldinho who didn't play you had an out of form etoo and Henry also! now all messi etoo and Henry are bang in form and that trio is a scary combination! it would be a dream final though us and them
Despite all that, i`d still say we would have beaten them .. A strong team should have depth, so no excuses .. we aren`t champions for nothing, we would have beaten the best 11 anyday !! (and still do) ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts