Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 43th minute of the match between Barca and Sporting Leo Messi wanted to finish out the play on its own ignoring the teammates who were in much better position...

He was cutting down to the middle from the right flank and although he had his teammates open, waiting for the ball ,he was so selfish and eager to shoot untill he lost the ball. And the few compartments of a Nou Camp crowd begun to jeer for an ovious selfishenss . Although they were in the minorty but they clearly recongised Maradona's recent statements how he's been trying to finish the things off by himself far too many times this season.

This was the first case of disaproval being show towards the 21-year old idol of Nou Camp

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
If Messi was a striker then selfishness would not only be expected but probably commended.

However, a creative player like Messi needs to keep his head up and look for the killer pass first and the chance to shoot second.

·
Registered
13 Posts
messi is undoubtedly a great player, but if the crowd start getting on his back, how will he react, would he go into meltdown or just rise above it?

·
Banned
503 Posts
His genius of dribbling the ball is magic without a doubt and like every other player who at some point in a game can become too confident in themselves, still a young lad yet with a lot to learn but at no disappointment barca won on the night 3-1

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Same as Ronnie really. greedy mofo's.
they are the 2 best in the world so I guess they can do what they like.
Its not that he doesnt see the other players, its just that his confidence is
so incredibly high that he feels he can do anything (which he nearly can)

·
Registered
286 Posts
He is still young. Like Ronaldo he will probably develop and get just as many assists as he does goals...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
they are the 2 best in the world so I guess they can do what they like.
no if they are good that's doesn't mean they can do what they want :rolleyes:
and being good shouldn't mean that you are allowed to do anything against or don't benefit the team

Cantona Bergkamp etc... were good but they don't go greedy like that

team > player and teamwork > individuals

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Though Messi was unbelievable last game ...
He needs to work on shooting from far...and not being blind when passing :p

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
abojodeh said:
no if they are good that's doesn't mean they can do what they want :rolleyes:
and being good shouldn't mean that you are allowed to do anything against or don't benefit the team

Cantona Bergkamp etc... were good but they don't go greedy like that

team > player and teamwork > individuals
good point Abo though my initial comment was a flippant.
What I was suggesting is that we cant criticise too much as they are THE 2 best.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
good point Abo though my initial comment was a flippant.
What I was suggesting is that we cant criticise too much as they are THE 2 best.
the fans overreacted this time and as its from the rare time Messi goes Greedy
but if he keeps doing that the fans have the right to complain and the right to criticise him, but i have a feeling the a call from Maradona would tell Messi to stop that :p

Plus being the world greatest player don't mean you can't/shouldn't get criticised
George Best was criticised for the large amounts of drinks Zidan for Cigars etc.. blah blah

some players like Slave became better after the press/fans criticizing

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Messi.an amazing young player,what we could do ,if he was part of our squad.i love watching him.its as if he is superglued to the ball,well most of the time anyway.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Messi was easily the man of the match in that game. He got greedy on one play, he's their focal point too. He's the biggest name at Barca, now that Ronaldinho is gone. Granted he's been their best player post-champions league victory, but still R10 was the face of that club. Maybe the pressure got to him at that particular moment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts