Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldo snubbed by Messi
http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/2/6/Prem-Ronaldo-snubbed-by-Messi/gnid-34236/

Lionel Messi found room for Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney in his '2008 Best XI' but controversially did not select their Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Sir Alex Ferguson was also Messi's selection as the 'Coach of the Year' but most attention will be on the player he omitted.

Petr Cech was the other England-based player in the diminutive Argentina international's selection which he did not include himself in.

Even in the absence of the Barcelona number ten, Ronaldo, who pipped Messi to the Ballon D'Or, did not get the nod from his fellow winger who instead selected Javier Zanetti and Andres Iniesta on the flanks.

Of Rooney, Messi told the Uefa website: "I love this type of player. He has a great shot, good control of the ball, uses of his body well in the area. He is a great goalscorer."

The Argentinian genius was similarly fulsome in his praise of United's England centre back.

"He is very good in the air and very strong on his feet," Messi said. "He is very hard to get past."

Team in full:
Petr Cech (Chelsea), Maicon (Inter), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord), Javier Zanetti (Inter), Xavi (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.............well in Messi.IIm guessing Ronaldo is having the last laugh with his umpteen awards and it seems a bit of toys out of the pram by the lion

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
LOL, bit of jealousy by Messi he shouldn't be so jealous he'll be in his position next year after probably winning a host of awards. Don't see how you could leave out the stand out player of 2008 out in a dream team though.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yeah saw it today...some extreme jaelousy show by the argentine:D...now now messi, behave:D He voted Zanetti cause' he is from the same country, and that's why he omitted Ronaldo .100% sure

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't really care what Messi thinks anyway, but there does seem to be just a tad of jealousy in his decisions.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
eoininho said:
the team he picked was ridiculous, some of them wouldn get to the 3rd/4th best 11! v bronkhorst ffs
Gio was his old mate at Barca. He is mainly just picking his mates, Argentinian lads or Spanish lads.
I wouldnt read too much into it, though I reckon Ron will actually be peeved :D

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
his selection was abit biased other than cech maicon rio and rooney he is friends or has played with everyone else

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jazz 16 said:
Gio was his old mate at Barca. He is mainly just picking his mates, Argentinian lads or Spanish lads.
I wouldnt read too much into it, though I reckon Ron will actually be peeved :D

That's the thing man. I think Ron would actually be irritated by this. He possibly got on the phone to call Ando immediately after seeing this ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts